Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their league form since the League Cup final defeat:

DDDWDDLWLLDLL

Truly dreadful, 12 points from 13 games. Relegation form really.

Last edited:
People keep saying he hasn't spent any money, he paid 15m for Chamberlain, IIRC Nani cost less than that. What he has spent has been badly spent if he wants immediate impact.

Arsenal have just announced that those of their fans who attended yesterday's debacle can have a free ticket to see another away match later in the season.

I think I'd want to see a change in the attitude of some of their players before I took them up on that.

Not sure, but Arsenal used the highly risky formation of playing a fair proportion of the game without their keeper

To be fair, I wouldn't really apportion much of the blame to Szchesny (sp)... it was the useless ****ers in front of him that did the damage. I don't think I've ever seen a Premier League team defend that badly.

I didn't think Man Utd even played that well... Arsenal were just that bad. I got the impression Utd could've stepped it up if they'd wanted to.

I won £40 on the game :) Could've been more though. At 6-1, I went to bet on 8-2 at odds of 26/1, and then as I pressed the button and was waiting for it to load on my phone to confirm the bet, Arsenal scored their 2nd and the odds dropped to 8/1. Still not bad though!

Pizza and a night out, paid for by Arsenal's shoddy defence.

As well as 7-2 to Leicester City, August 31st 1963.

A result that put us top of the old first division on goal difference over Manchester United.

People keep saying he hasn't spent any money, he paid 15m for Chamberlain, IIRC Nani cost less than that. What he has spent has been badly spent if he wants immediate impact.

Agree. I have always maintained that Wenger gets a bonus based on his net transfer spend, linked to a percentage of what is not spent out of the figure given to him by the Arsenal board. He has broken even on transfer spend over the last 5 or so years.

Just checked this as remembered the fee to be higher than you suggested. Different sources have different transfer fees quoted. Nani's fee was thought to be over 20m quid. Out of interest Ronaldo's from Sporting to Man Utd was around 12m, but in 2003.

Last edited:
Just checked this as remembered the fee to be higher than you suggested. Different sources have different transfer fees quoted. Nani's fee was thought to be over 20m quid. Out of interest Ronaldo's from Sporting to Man Utd was around 12m, but in 2003.

Fair enough, close enough to be in the same ball park though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566