Artic Monkeys Secret Gig Tonight In Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went, I ran from home at 11.30, got in q, spent half hour qing and then asked someone the price. I couldnt afford £19.50. Absolute joke of a price, I go to Summer Sundae for a day at £25. A Joke! They charged £5 at Sheffield Leadmill on Saturday for a similar thing. Joke! So fecking angry! I was bound to get a ticket aswell, bound!

they sold out within the hour aparently

It was about 12.50pm when I left. I was fairly sure I was going to get a ticket. I was there at 12.15pm, they had 1300 tickets left from then. I'd actually like it to be sold out before I would have got there. The 4 cnuts in front were doing my nerves, silly feckers with the mental age of a 11 yr old, 'I am gonna sell mine for 30 quid and stay outside till it starts touting' and then they would play some silly game.

I always think the "secret" gigs are a little pretentious if announced a few hours before, they are designed purely to boost the band's egos by creating hysteria.

If you want to know what a real secret gig is check this:

One of my bezzy mates and his mrs were in Norwich for the weekend as her parents live there. There was a gig at the local pub by a band called "The Nodding Donkeys", they went there for the night and they certainly didn't expect to find Iron Maiden playing!!!

Now that's a non pretentious "true" secret gig where the artists are doing it purely to play music not create hype.

It wasnt a secret gig really considering that they announced the night before.

There's expected to be loads of these 'secret gigs' across the country. Morecambe's rumoured to be next.

The Stone Roses used to do proper secret gigs. They'd just hire a warehouse for a night and start playing.

About 3 years ago Franz Ferdinand did a secret gig at the Brudenell Socail Club here in Leeds and that was great. I found out about it via my contact at the NME and because I worked at the Uni, the word got round like wild fire - needless to say it was packed to the rafters.

The Stone Roses used to do proper secret gigs. They'd just hire a warehouse for a night and start playing.

About 3 years ago Franz Ferdinand did a secret gig at the Brudenell Socail Club here in Leeds and that was great. I found out about it via my contact at the NME and because I worked at the Uni, the word got round like wild fire - needless to say it was packed to the rafters.

kaiser played there last year too, now that was topdraw fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570