Article on LCFC Finances & Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article but doesnt dig deep enough to uncover the investment from the Bakrie family, fronted by Arif.

I am very optimistic. Our fortunes are tied in with King Power. It is in the interests of King Power for us to be in the Premiership. It is in the ugly American phrase "a win-win situation".

However, I do not believe it is only about money. Historically the founder of the dynasty (in this case Vichai) has been about making money while the son (Top) has also wanted status. Top will be wanting to welcome Manchester United, Arsenal etc. In his wildest dreams he perhaps welcomes Real Madrid and Barcelona. One of the biggest motivators of people is "to sit at the cool kids table."

Personally I admire Vichai. He gave his son a football club; for my 21st birthday all I got was a transistor radio.

A well written summary of our club which leaves me no less positive than I was before I read it.

I'd sacrifice promotion this year if I knew we would get it next year.....

I am very optimistic. Our fortunes are tied in with King Power. It is in the interests of King Power for us to be in the Premiership. It is in the ugly American phrase "a win-win situation".

Personally I admire Vichai. He gave his son a football club; for my 21st birthday all I got was a transistor radio.

For my 21st I got a Parker pen, a surprise birthday party featuring friends of my parents (all of who I despised) and then my long-term girlfriend dumped me later that evening.

I would love to feel optimistic about everything taking place at the club but, like my totally shit coming of age, I am convinced it will end up with us abandoned and holding on to nothing but our cocks with a sense of sad & bitter betrayal.

However, I do not believe it is only about money. Historically the founder of the dynasty (in this case Vichai) has been about making money while the son (Top) has also wanted status. Top will be wanting to welcome Manchester United, Arsenal etc. In his wildest dreams he perhaps welcomes Real Madrid and Barcelona. One of the biggest motivators of people is "to sit at the cool kids table."

And when all of this doesn't happen in the next 3 years; what happens then?

I can empathise with Top as my dad bought me a cowboy outfit for my birthday.

For my 21st I got a Parker pen, a surprise birthday party featuring friends of my parents (all of who I despised) and then my long-term girlfriend dumped me later that evening.

I would love to feel optimistic about everything taking place at the club but, like my totally shit coming of age, I am convinced it will end up with us abandoned and holding on to nothing but our cocks with a sense of sad & bitter betrayal.
I can honestly say that being on the opposite side of the planet to every member of my family enhanced my 21st birthday experience. Of course, spending most of the day on a Queensland beach next to a very loose 18-year-old blonde with large jugs helped.

spending most of the day on a Queensland beach next to a very loose 18-year-old blonde with large jugs helped.

Being next to a very tight 18-year-old blonde with large jugs would have helped more :050:

I can honestly say that being on the opposite side of the planet to every member of my family enhanced my 21st birthday experience. Of course, spending most of the day on a Queensland beach next to a very loose 18-year-old blonde with large jugs helped.

I was also abroad and away from my family on my 21st. But I was in France and I spent it with a guy who was older than my dad who just happened to have the same birthday. He did own a vineyard though so we celebrated with some very fine wine which was wasted on me really.

I was also abroad and away from my family on my 21st. But I was in France and I spent it with a guy who was older than my dad who just happened to have the same birthday. He did own a vineyard though so we celebrated with some very fine wine which was wasted on me really.
I imagine our respective evenings ended very differently.

Fascinating but very puzzling. I have so many comments.
The first and obvious one is how can you have had a long-term anything at the age of 21.
"All of whom I despised" - to despise one person can in rare circumstances be justified but all really is extreme. You might have enjoyed the party more if you had regarded your parents friends with "unconditional regard".
You are better off without the kind of girlfriend who dumps you on your birthday.

On the other hand having a Parker pen for a present is pretty good. No doubt it motivated you to have beautiful handwriting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566