As the dust settles.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

...On yet another chapter in our clubs rollercoaster history, there are a number of quotes etc that dont quite stack up with the Official announcement regarding Micky's departure.

1) The club stated that it was a complete shock and that they begged Micky to reconsider......Yet Bertie said Micky had confided in him early last week that he was considering his future and from this the club gave him last week off to think it through.

2) If the club were so desperate to keep him then why didnt the board make a public statement backing Micky until the end of the season and put an end to the speculation and therefore convince Micky to stay.

3) Howard Wilkinson was approached by Bertie at the weekend (interview on Sky Sports News) yet Micky only informed the club on Monday of his intention to quit ( again quote as complete shock ).

4) Bertie doesnt know what went on between Micky and Keown surely if he had been transfer listed the board would have been fully aware of the situation. Also if there was such a problem with Keown then surely Bassett wouldnt have wanted him near the team. Another demonstration that the board maybe werent quite as supportive and confident in some of Micky's decisions.

5) If the board were happy with MA and the way the club were going then why on the day that he resigns do they sack his assistant manager and goalkeeper coach.

IMO Micky was allowed to resign as a way of keeping his dignity following his good work for the club whilst in administration and also in the aftermath of La Manga.

What do you think ?

Keep the Faith said:
...On yet another chapter in our clubs rollercoaster history, there are a number of quotes etc that dont quite stack up with the Official announcement regarding Micky's departure.

1) The club stated that it was a complete shock and that they begged Micky to reconsider......Yet Bertie said Micky had confided in him early last week that he was considering his future and from this the club gave him last week off to think it through.

2) If the club were so desperate to keep him then why didnt the board make a public statement backing Micky until the end of the season and put an end to the speculation and therefore convince Micky to stay.

3) Howard Wilkinson was approached by Bertie at the weekend (interview on Sky Sports News) yet Micky only informed the club on Monday of his intention to quit ( again quote as complete shock ).

4) Bertie doesnt know what went on between Micky and Keown surely if he had been transfer listed the board would have been fully aware of the situation. Also if there was such a problem with Keown then surely Bassett wouldnt have wanted him near the team. Another demonstration that the board maybe werent quite as supportive and confident in some of Micky's decisions.

5) If the board were happy with MA and the way the club were going then why on the day that he resigns do they sack his assistant manager and goalkeeper coach.

IMO Micky was allowed to resign as a way of keeping his dignity following his good work for the club whilst in administration and also in the aftermath of La Manga.

What do you think ?

Its a very strong case KTF

First whos Bertie?

I did think that prehaps he'd been sacked. When Birmingham City scaked Trevor Francis it was originally stated that he had quit, although it was pretty ovious from his press confrence he was sacked.

I don't think Ma was sacked simply beacuse we don't have the money to sack him.

1. i doubt they begged him to reconsider, and i doubt it was a shock
2. Because every time the board back a manager, they sack them 14 days later, and they didn't want him to stay.
3. MA probably told them after the preston game, giving them time to find an 'alternative'
4. Harry knew the score. Keown is still around and MA isn't...
5. because the whole set up was 5hite? :wink:

I think he was asked to resign with a golden handshake, rather than get sacked with all the 5hite that goes with it.

Fox Fan said:
First whos Bertie?

I did think that prehaps he'd been sacked. When Birmingham City scaked Trevor Francis it was originally stated that he had quit, although it was pretty ovious from his press confrence he was sacked.

I don't think Ma was sacked simply beacuse we don't have the money to sack him.

Bertie Bassett.

I wasnt saying he was sacked, more that I doubt the claims that the club desperately tried to persuade Micky to stay on, I think this decision suited both parties but as PR exercise allowed Micky to leave with his head held high and no animosity.

I thought it was strange Keown playing for the ressies.

I reckon you could be sniffing this one out KTF.

MKFox said:
1. i doubt they begged him to reconsider, and i doubt it was a shock
2. Because every time the board back a manager, they sack them 14 days later, and they didn't want him to stay.
3. MA probably told them after the preston game, giving them time to find an 'alternative'
4. Harry knew the score. Keown is still around and MA isn't...
5. because the whole set up was 5hite? :wink:

I think he was asked to resign with a golden handshake, rather than get sacked with all the 5hite that goes with it.

We have not had a detailed conversation about the current situation with the club as yet, but from previous knowledge our assessment would be:

1) They certainly will have asked him to re-consider, the leaders of the club hadn't lost faith in Micky. As they knew Micky well they may have judged from his mood that this may happen, remembering he had offered to resign over La Manga (another low for him personally), the shock would have been not being able to persuade him.
2) Tim Davies had stated the clubs backing on several occasions, they felt issuing a board vote of confidence would have been counter productive given what often follows that
3) Already stated he was considering it then in the coverage yesterday. The club would be right to start seeking alternatives so a plan B was in place (even if short term)
4) Can't believe that Harry wouldn't know the full story
5) Most managers bring their coaches with them, so its clearing the way then rather than spreading it out, if you think back in previous times we have had assistants who took over for a game or two then left, clean sweep seems better approach.

No he certainly was not asked to go, but will have saved the club a significant sum by his actions & for that we should be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566