Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad player but again linked with another defender.

And as we are sh*t at the back, good!!!!!

That would be down to our tactics. We have a good defence, when they decide to turn up. But what im getting at is that the swansea fans are right about PS, the majority of players we have been linked with are defenders. How's about looking for a new striker, in which I think we need.

if if bid fails Ipswich say were going for Delaney, If we are getting Zallatta, thats 2 centre backs does this mean Hobbs is going?

Last edited:
I think Sousa needs to organise what he's got before he adds to the squad (with the exeption of a replacement for Campbell because I think today is the day we will finally get rid). I'd rather have our best starting line up playing together and as well as we know they can rather than panic buying lots of defenders or strikers to remedy our a disappointing start in front of both goals.

Sell Campbell, then replace him. Thats the only bit of business I want Sousa to do today.

Last edited:
That would be down to our tactics. We have a good defence, when they decide to turn up. But what im getting at is that the swansea fans are right about PS, the majority of players we have been linked with are defenders. How's about looking for a new striker, in which I think we need.

But it is clear we do not have the players, our only centre back is Hobbs, Morrison can play there but seems PS does not want to play him, Moreno does not look the part (maybe needs time to settle) and Tunch is way off coming back if ever. Says to me we need defenders?

Regarding looking for a striker are we not linked with Waghorn?

Bid rejected according to SSN.

Originally posted by SSN
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6350030,00.html

Skysports.com understands Swansea have rejected a bid from Championship rivals Leicester for Ashley Williams.

Foxes boss Paulo Sousa is keen to be reunited with the Wales international having worked with the central defender during his time in charge of Swansea.

Williams is regarded as one of the best young defenders outside the Premier League and has been linked with a host of clubs.

Sousa is looking to bolster his defence before the transfer window slams shut and he is believed to have tabled an offer for Williams.

However, Swansea have rejected Leicester's overtures as they look to keep Williams at the Liberty Stadium.

Last edited:
We do still need a big, strong, experienced CB to partner Hobbs. On the basis of 2 players competing for each place that means 4 good CBs. I do not think we have that at the moment. Hobbs + + + ?

bid more for ashley paulo! 3m final offer

You would have to increase this to at least £4m for us to sell him and even then, I'm not sure if we would as we wouldn't have time to replace him.

This stinks of an offer that's done to appease the fans more than anything as PS knows the our valuation of Williams is closer to £4m or £5m. Some even think he's worth more than that, although personally I don't think a Championship defender can be valued quite that high.

He really is our best defender though - strong, mobile, great passer, established in the Welsh squad and he gets a few goals too.

No offence but if/when he leaves us, it will probably be for a Premier team.

Ps - I also don't think he would want to work under PS again judging from some comments I've heard.

he is a prem player in the making, 3.5m deal moscow?? :p

bid more for ashley paulo! 3m final offer

We wouldn't take it. Honestly.

My only worry is that Wigan might come in for him now. Martinez had an agreement with us that he wouldn't come in for any of our players unless another team previously had.

Your bid opens the door for Martinez to bid now and he's got more money available than Sousa.

A conspiracy theorist might suggest that your bid was made just for that reason!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00