Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2140265,00.html

Swans turn down Leicester bid for Ash
Posted on: Tue 31 Aug 2010
The Swans have rejected a bid from Leicester City for Ashley Williams.

Former boss Paulo Sousa tabled the offer for the defender who is a key member of the Swansea City squad.

And the club had no hesitation in turning down the Foxes with the 26-year-old contracted at the Liberty Stadium until 2013.

"We have received a bid from Leicester City for Ashley Williams and have turned it down," said Chairman Huw Jenkins.

"The player is not for sale."

The current Welsh Footballer of the Year is away with John Toshack's Wales squad as they prepare for Friday's opening Euro qualifier in Montenegro.

Ahhh, so he's a scummer. Never mind. I'm trying to avoid all contact with them since they've signed Bellamy. I'm waiting for the tax man or someone else to burst their bubble.

They do, in all honesty, have a very good starting XI when everyone is fit, and a good manager. Horrible bunch of fans though.

Ahhh, so he's a scummer. Never mind. I'm trying to avoid all contact with them since they've signed Bellamy. I'm waiting for the tax man or someone else to burst their bubble.

They do, in all honesty, have a very good starting XI when everyone is fit, and a good manager. Horrible bunch of fans though.

Rhydal seems quite tame, probably because he spends so much time on here talking to our sophisticated bunch.

Rhydal seems quite tame, probably because he spends so much time on here talking to our sophisticated bunch.

'we're Cardiff City....and we ****ed it up at Wemblee' :081:

Melikes Swansea fans. I like the swimming gesture, 'tis nice.

Something wrong if the player won't come here with his old manager!

Where has it been mentioned about Williams' opinion about Sousa, the club or a move? The only person thats said anything is Huw Jenkins

Last edited:
Something wrong if the player won't come here with his old manager!

If your boss (who you'd only known for about a year) took a job at a similar company in a different country and asked you to relocate and join him, surely you wouldn't just follow purely because he used to be your boss?

Williams is probably happy to continue playing for Swansea and wait to see if a move to the Prem comes off, why would he want to move to Leicester? If he is as good as people say, then surely that would be a bit of a sideways step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00