Asian consortium to buy out City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misunderstood my original post. I was talking about people who unnecessarily abbreviate things that nobody else has ever abbreviated in the history of humanity and expect everybody to understand what they're referring to.

If you don't understand what IE is, when Microsoft themselves refer to their browser as IE, there's not much hope for you.

There has never been any hope for me so I'm not going to start worrying about it now!

Nothing. Zilch. Zip. Diddly Squat. Just endless shite about feckin browsers and sad bastard birch.

Last edited:
It isn't the fault of Chrome that that company have only developed toolbars for IE and Firefox.

When chrome gets enough of a percentage of the market share, it'll get more dev put against it. Simples.

Anyway, football. Brilliant innit?

Nothing. Zilch. Zip. Diddly Squat. Just endless shite about feckin browsers and sad bastard birch.

If only it were that interesting. :icon_conf

King Power Group is going ahead with its plan to buy Leicester City Football Club in England in a deal expected to cost 2billion baht.

Voramas: Rumours to ‘be cleared up’

Voramas Raksriaksorn, the company's creative and communications director, said yesterday the purchase was under negotiation and she was not in a position to give details.

King Power plans to hold a news conference next week to explain the deal.

"My father [Vichai Raksriaksorn] loves sport," Ms Voramas said.

"All the rumours about the Leicester City Football Club will be cleared up very soon."

King Power Group is going ahead with its plan to buy Leicester City Football Club in England in a deal expected to cost 2billion baht.

Approx £41million. That does not seem like 49%, more like the whole club to me.

Looking at Mr King Power's hobbies, maybe MM told him we were a polo team.

He has a residence in London and is President of the London Polo Club. He also plays for them (along with other members of his family). I've seen him quoted as saying that he wanted to retire from business at 50 and enjoy spending his money on whatever he likes. He's about 53 now. He's 'valued' at around $180m.

He has had business links with Thaksin Shinawatra and appears to be a friend with the high and mighty (and corrupt) in Thailand. King Power's main business is running the retail outlets in the Thai airport, a monopoly handed to Raksriaksorn in suspicious circumstances that have been challenged in court. King Power appear to carry on reaping the rewards from this whilst counteracting law suits against them with counter law suits.

King Power actually began as a US company in the mid 80s that went bust. How it then became a Thai company owned and run by Raksriaksorn is not clear. Some detail below:

The Company (formerly known as Immune America, Inc.) was incorporated under the laws of the State of Nevada in 1985. Until June 12, 1997, this Company was inactive and was regarded as a development stage company.

On June 12, 1997, the Company engaged in a reverse merger transaction with the shareholders of J.M.T. Group Company Limited and J.M.T. Duty Free Company Limited.

The reverse merger was treated as a re-capitalization of the Company. Concurrent with the reverse merger, the Company changed its corporate name from Immune America, Inc. to King Power International Group Co., Ltd. Subsequently, on September 9, 1997, J.M.T. Duty Free Company Limited changed its corporate name to King Power Duty Free Company Limited and on October 10, 1997,
J.M.T. Group Company Limited changed its corporate name to King Power Tax Free Company Limited.

It feels like the club is selling it's soul. What is worse is I'm happy to go with it.

Is it for real or are they going to do a Notts County on us?

Milan, if all the bullsh*t you have spouted recently about looking after the interests of LCFC counts for anything, now is the time to tell us you have not lifted up your skirts to a corrupt, thieving Thai businessman, just because your own companies are struggling a bit.

Approx £41million. That does not seem like 49%, more like the whole club to me.

Whether it's true or not I don't know but according to someone on foxestalk it will become £41m when we are in the prem and he/they will takeover 100%. But for now it's roughly a £19m investment for 49%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669