Assistant manager

Think this is the first time I’ve mentioned my concern about having an inexperienced assistant to our inexperienced manager.

But barnstorming contribution as always from the guy who thinks people saying we’d get relegated are bedwetters, and who thinks that Danny Ward is a competent goalkeeper.
Why are you so touchy? Maybe it's just ****ing boring to have a constant mood sponge mooching around with his chin on the floor like a teenager who's wanking arm is broken.

I couldn't give a toss how wrong I was. I'll be wrong plenty of times more but **** me, at least I won't be such a childish, little, whinging bitch all the time.

It's clearly not doing you any good, all this angst. I'd give up on football if I were you.

Now I'm off out to get a half and half scarf with Maresca on one side and Caballero on the other.

1688912996640.png

Why are you so touchy? Maybe it's just ****ing boring to have a constant mood sponge mooching around with his chin on the floor like a teenager who's wanking arm is broken.

I couldn't give a toss how wrong I was. I'll be wrong plenty of times more but **** me, at least I won't be such a childish, little, whinging bitch all the time.

It's clearly not doing you any good, all this angst. I'd give up on football if I were you.

Now I'm off out to get a half and half scarf with Maresca on one side and Caballero on the other.

Half and half scarf. Ah that explains a lot.

An inexperienced assistant manger to sit alongside our inexperienced manager.
That doesn’t make them any more or less likely to succeed. Many an experienced combo have failed miserably.

Feck knows if this latest one has the first clue what he's doing or not. We're rolling the dice this season with a very random managerial team. It's a bit like someone picking numbers on Countdown. One from the top and the rest from wherever.

It could pay off.

However, I can't help feeling that it's more likely that we're in a mess in late November when we sack Maresca and his entire backroom staff go too and we have nobody there to pick up the pieces.

Feck knows if this latest one has the first clue what he's doing or not. We're rolling the dice this season with a very random managerial team. It's a bit like someone picking numbers on Countdown. One from the top and the rest from wherever.

It could pay off.

However, I can't help feeling that it's more likely that we're in a mess in late November when we sack Maresca and his entire backroom staff go too and we have nobody there to pick up the pieces.
I think it would take being in the bottom three for Maresca to go this season. Possible, but unlikely.

It could pay off.

It’s one of those gambles that will either end up with
- an Athletic article about how we carefully plotted the management team, squad and approach we needed for promotion.
- Or an Athletic article about how it was a random roll of the dice, no-one knew what the plan was, lack of championship experience. players didn’t know what they were doing, and relegation was the inevitable outcome.

I’m not going to judge until we see which is most likely as I don’t have a clue.

I think it would take being in the bottom three for Maresca to go this season. Possible, but unlikely.
We're famously patient after the Rodgers debacle so I've got to agree, it would have to take an absolute shitshow throughout the season for him to get booted so early on into this 'project'...

I know **** all about Maresca. But some on here would find reason to moan no matter who we hired as manager.

“He’s too inexperienced”… “He’s a has-been”… “He plays the wrong style of football”… “”He’s too young”… “He’s too old”… “He’s been successful elsewhere but not at Chamionship level”… “He’s done great at Championship level but…”.

It could pay off.

You’re not allowed to be negative about the situation. Uncle pop will be along soon to tell you off.

It could pay off.

All very well, but what's the word on the street?

I know **** all about Maresca. But some on here would find reason to moan no matter who we hired as manager.

“He’s too inexperienced”… “He’s a has-been”… “He plays the wrong style of football”… “”He’s too young”… “He’s too old”… “He’s been successful elsewhere but not at Chamionship level”… “He’s done great at Championship level but…”.

Our last appointment was Dean Smith. So I'd imagine if we'd not picked Maresca then people would probably be correct in saying Ince, Gerrard or whoever the muppets would chose would be shit. At least with Maresca we can't be certain it'll be shit....probably why some others seem overly optimistic.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663