Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

Right can you put these in order of what is lowering the atmosphere;

1. Stadium
2. Fans
3. Team
4. The League

Personally i feel the stadium has no passion, it has been quieted by the poor design of the ground not being close enough to the pitch (+ no terracing).

Fans. I usually go L1 or F1 because no one else wants to make a noise/supporting cheer. I guess there's not that many ppl like that anymore. I wouldn't go to matches if those guys weren't around, i like to support :038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

+ Why did we get rid of Walshy when he retired, he loved the club?

(prays for rich leicester born businessmen to rescue us) :056:

Team (not giving us anything to cheer about)
League (quality of the opposition is such that we expect to beat most, but aren't)
Fans (even under MON some parts of filbo were quiet, but its worse now)
Stadium (i loved the atmosphere in our first season at the walkers, buts thats because we were winning i suppose)

ive seen some shite geordie teams before who still got backed for 90 mins,sheff wed another club with good support,
ive seen lower league teams hence crapper standard get supported for 90 mins when we got promotion was it a fantastic atmosphere?

I went to Cov vs. Saints game in their new stadium the other week. It was a monday night sky game, there were only 19K there, and the atmosphere was deafening!! It's all about acoustics....they have even used special paint on the roof to bounce the noise back!

If they ever do manage to fill it (big "if"), then we will hear the noise back here in Leicester.

lazzer said:
when we got promotion was it a fantastic atmosphere?

I don't think it was as good as filbert street, but i don't recall anyone complaining. i still enjoyed the atmosphere then.

i don't think any new stadium is as good as older ones, but that doesn't mean it can't be good.

do a search on the word atmosphere there are plenty of threads about it since we moved in

1) Team
2) Fans + Stadium
3) League

I only started going to football regurlarly when I had the money to do so, since I finished uni but in that time I think we have always been a club whose support is dictated by what goes on on the pitch. Other clubs, I would not count Newcastle in that anymore I know a few Geordies well, generate atmosphere to spur the team on to a certain extent. Every club I have ever seen without exception shut right up for 5 minutes when they concede a goal. I'd say for this reason Team performance is the main contributing factor to atmosphere.

Fans + Stadium I would put together. At Filbo half of the Kop sang loudly and the Carling Stand occasionally waded in with a half hearted 'Leicester, Leicester ...' The double decker did concentrate the noise in a certain area which happened to be next to the away fans who naturally added to the atmosphere. At The Walkers Stadium the old Kop seem to be split between F1/F2 & L1. But in F1 & F2 you do get the odd family or young kid because tickets are cheapest there so the loud supporters are spread over a bigger area without a downward sloping roof to channel the noise onto the pitch.

I'd put league last because we have more chance of winning so the atmosphere should be better! There's nobody in this leage we can't beat, when the Premiership big boys come to town everybody turns up to witness the kicking and as I have said performance dictates atmosphere it ends up being depressing.

If I was a Russian billionaire I'd knock the rat hole Walkers down and build a new stadium 25,000 seats, close to the pitch, kop next to the away fans who would be housed in an exact replica of Filbo's east stand.

1. Stadium
2. Team
3. Fans
4. League

Most to blame so far (lower=worst);

Team = 12
Fans = 14
Stadium = 20
League = 25

Well i'd agree with the league, we should be doing to doing better, hopefully "Starting" (how many times have i heard that) with Brighton.

Seems that we blame eachother nearly as much as the teams performance, maybe if the fans "played" better it might pick the team up.
COME ON LEICESTER!!!
:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

what is the myth with newcastle fans? they are worse than us for getting on their players backs, i live up by newcastle and they are the most fickle fans i have ever come across. they wanted souness sacked, then he bought owen and they said "oh definately top 6" then drew against fulham, booed and everyone was saying "well its relegation for us" then beat blackbum "top four now".... yoyo!
i find it hard to feel motivated going to home matches as i can be 99% sure the oposition are going to be very poor quality and defend and kick us for 90minutes. away matches there is more of a chance they might look to score a goal and the game could open up.

fitz said:
what is the myth with newcastle fans? they are worse than us for getting on their players backs, i live up by newcastle and they are the most fickle fans i have ever come across. they wanted souness sacked, then he bought owen and they said "oh definately top 6" then drew against fulham, booed and everyone was saying "well its relegation for us" then beat blackbum "top four now".... yoyo!
i find it hard to feel motivated going to home matches as i can be 99% sure the oposition are going to be very poor quality and defend and kick us for 90minutes. away matches there is more of a chance they might look to score a goal and the game could open up.

I think the fickleness comes with the popularity of the game now,there are definately more Fairweather supporters out there.They supported LCFC when we started doing well under MON,stayed with Taylor because we were in the Prem,MA was ok because he got us up and now CL is shite because we aren't top 6 and his team aren't 'ripping up the clouds' after 11 matches so he must go,god knows what they'd of made of McClintock or Pleat.This isn't a dig at younger supporters either,you can't help when you were born.

Quite agree re Newcastle, remember going up there in the 80's to see Leicester when the geordies were struggling and the gate was about 15,000. Best supporters in the land, as the commentators say, pass the sick bag, I say!:013: :013:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669