Atmosphere! They're at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazLCFC

From Foxes TalkWe are pleased to confirm that the first ever meeting of Union FS will be held at The Old Horse prior to the Bolton Wanderers home match on Sunday 29 December. The meeting will begin at 12.00 and is open to all Leicester City fans that would either like to be part of us, or who are simply interested in improving the atmosphere at Filbert Way and on the road.

Whilst the meeting will cover a range of topics, the main discussion point will focus on ways in which we can move forward as fans to better the atmosphere at home games. One possibility is the potential unity of like-minded fans from the Kop and N Block to create a ‘secondary’ area in the ground where fans can get behind the team together as one group. The possible trial of such organisation will be discussed in the style of an open-forum in order to ensure that all considerations are taken into account.

If you would like to attend, please confirm your attendance via e-mail to [email protected]. If you would like further information regarding the meeting, please feel free to contact us on the aforementioned address.

For those seeking directions to The Old Horse, please visit our blog.

In the meantime, we wish you all a great Christmas and hope to see you on the 29th.

Thank you for your continued support,

Union FS

Edited by Filbo Spirit, Yesterday, 11:00 PM.

It hasn't worked in the past and won't again. Will just rile the club and upset those who they end up near in the stadium IMO.

I agree that this scheme is probably doomed to fail. However, any attempt to improve the morgue-like atmosphere at the ground should be welcomed. There have been matches over the last year or two, including the one against Man City last week, where I was very close to nodding off in my seat.

Fair play to 'em

It may be doomed to fail, but at least they're trying something. Tuesday night was a new low, atmosphere-wise

I've said it before, it's not just us that lack atmosphere. I don't think many people like football anymore. Most people I speak to, support their team or have an interest in foreign football, but not many actually like football as a sport as it is in the country anymore. There is too much dislocation between the fans and the clubs (Hull and Cardiff show just how much) and most people resent the players' earnings even in their own team (especially in their own team if they aren't doing well).

It's simply my opinion, but until fans feel valued again, the atmosphere will continue to suffer around the country.

Fair enough Matt, however there are obviously fans who dont feel that way.

Any effort is welcomed as far as im concerned.

Crystal Palace are a prime example of what can be achieved if the fans are given some support in this type of activity, also the fans not interested would do well to keep quiet rather than take the piss out of those that want a change (not directed at you)

Last edited:
Do you not think that it's simply 10+ years of feeling let down that has seeped into out fanbase?

We've been pretty average for a very long time and whenever we can see the light something happens to completely **** everything up (e.g Sousa).

The fans are probably tired of getting carried away and therefore find it hard to express themselves by singing at games.

Crystal Palace are a prime example of what can be achieved if the fans are given some support in this type of activity, also the fans not interested would do well to keep quiet rather than take the piss out of those that want a change (not directed at you)

The club have supported fans in this before. Standing in L1 and some of K block is now tolerated and most fans seem to recognise this and behave accordingly.

The new scheme could work if they understand that there are rules to abide by (unlike the last attempt). Unfortunately there is likely to be an element in the group that try to push things.

I agree they should try, I just don't think they will fail simply because "it's our fans" but due to a general disconnect. Plus, as Gaz said, some want to ignore the rules and will wonder why the club doesn't like that

Thankfully it looks like they are taking a more structured approach, and it should be set out from the start that stupid behaviour won't be accepted in order for it to work.

The atmosphere at eh Man City game was abysmal - nothing I could hear except a few hundred in L1 where I was positioned next to the Away end.

Man City however...

It was quite embarrassing when we tried to do the Posnan, they chanted back (it seemed to be the whole stand) ''Shall we show you how it's done?'' then the whole stand rocked.

The atmosphere at eh Man City game was abysmal - nothing I could hear except a few hundred in L1 where I was positioned next to the Away end.

Man City however...

It was quite embarrassing when we tried to do the Posnan, they chanted back (it seemed to be the whole stand) ''Shall we show you how it's done?'' then the whole stand rocked.

I actually cringed

As regards the Man City game, if, and it's a big IF, City had held out a bit longer before conceding, then maybe, just maybe, the fans may have thought we'd have a chance.
As it was, some just sat back and admired Man City's depth in strength. ( A bit like some of our players)

As regards the Man City game, if, and it's a big IF, City had held out a bit longer before conceding, then maybe, just maybe, the fans may have thought we'd have a chance.
As it was, some just sat back and admired Man City's depth in strength. ( A bit like some of our players)

I agree to a large extent HTB, the team did nothing to encourage the crowd, I just wish the crowd were able to start off loudly and perhaps it would help overall. Sad really as the old Filbo always seemed to carry atmosphere but our current gaff is silent sometimes.

Do you not think that it's simply 10+ years of feeling let down that has seeped into out fanbase?

We've been pretty average for a very long time and whenever we can see the light something happens to completely **** everything up (e.g Sousa).

The fans are probably tired of getting carried away and therefore find it hard to express themselves by singing at games.

I actually smiled and had a small giggle to myself when I read this - because I think it's absolutely true.

Brighton away was the very first away game I had gone to where our fans were very quiet, even at 0-0.

I think generally people are just so fed up of the basement scrap that is the Championship and the crippling disappointment of games like Sheffield Wednesday away and then Brighton.

I just hope *IF* we can get some success this year this will turn around the atmosphere in the stadium.

The demographic has changed massively since we left Filbert Street, this and more than a decade of being fairly rubbish but expensive has driven away the generation that would be creating an atmosphere in the ground. Most of the attempts by groups to add atmosphere don't consider the fans already in situ or club policy and end up failing.

I think generally people are just so fed up of the basement scrap that is the Championship and the crippling disappointment of games like Sheffield Wednesday away and then Brighton.

It is easy to forget that the vast majority of football clubs would love to be in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669