Attn Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
talking off tax credits my sis was informed on monday that they were 'overpayed' £1200 dating back from 2004 and now she has to pay it all back in 1 lump sum when it wasnt even her fault as she informed them of every change in their circumstances and not to mention that they cant afford to pay that off in 1 lump, she has nothing but trouble with them over tax credits, she would tell them to stick it if they didnt the extra bit of money

Being a parent on low wages doesn't mean you are a scrounger.

Course it does, Jessel the suspected tax fiddling, live at home, accountant with no children says so

I wasn't referring to low income working class families. I was referring to those dole dossers who are capable of getting a job but claim to have something wrong with them. They take more and more back then say, my parents who are out earning an honest living, not scrounging off the governement. (Again I re-iteriate I do not have a problem with those people who are on claiming from the Governement who have justfied reasons)

There was one in the local paper down here that was out all the time coaching football teams whilst claiming disability benefit. They put a private detective on him and it finished up in court with him having to pay a fine and a whole load of his benefits back.

I wasn't referring to low income working class families. I was referring to those dole dossers who are capable of getting a job but claim to have something wrong with them. They take more and more back then say, my parents who are out earning an honest living, not scrounging off the governement.

Why post in this thread and reply in the way you did though?

This thread is about people who may not have received what they're entitled to, nothing to do with scroungers or benefit cheats.

Why post in this thread and reply in the way you did though?

This thread is about people who may not have received what they're entitled to, nothing to do with scroungers or benefit cheats.

Oh dear. I appear to have done that as well.

Double oh dear. And, in corroborating my report, so have you.
:icon_wink

I wasn't referring to low income working class families. I was referring to those dole dossers who are capable of getting a job but claim to have something wrong with them. They take more and more back then say, my parents who are out earning an honest living, not scrounging off the governement. (Again I re-iteriate I do not have a problem with those people who are on claiming from the Governement who have justfied reasons)

Don't get me started there, bloke down the road from me ... can't work, won't work AND gets extra benefit money each week because he's an alcoholic. I work and can barely afford a beer, he doesn't and gets his paid for (by me indirectly)

:098:

Don't get me started there, bloke down the road from me ... can't work, won't work AND gets extra benefit money each week because he's an alcoholic. I work and can barely afford a beer, he doesn't and gets his paid for (by me indirectly)

:098:

No offence SJN, but that does sound a bit "bloke down the pub reckons..."
Are you sure that's true? I'd be amazed if people are getting booze money of D'SS

No offence SJN, but that does sound a bit "bloke down the pub reckons..."
Are you sure that's true? I'd be amazed if people are getting booze money of D'SS

Yep, I know the bloke in question.

Speaking completely unofficially as an employee of said Government Department, I can categorically state that you are talking complete and utter horseshite.

So you think that none of the benefits paid out by the DSS finishes up being spent on alcohol?

Don't for one moment think that I believe that people who are on benefit should not have a drink. But it is clear that there is a sizeable minority of them who are spending a large portion of their benefits on drink and/or other noxious substances, to the detriment of the whole of society.

Last edited:
So you think that none of the benefits paid out by the DSS finishes up being spent on alcohol?

Don't for one moment think that I believe that people who are on benefit should not have a drink. But it is clear that there is a sizeable minority of them who are spending a large portion of their benefits on drink and/or other noxious substances, to the detriment of the whole of society.

On Hollyoaks last night Malarchy and Mercedes were complaining about having no money, yet they were supping the pints in the SU bar. What is society coming to??

On Hollyoaks last night Malarchy and Mercedes were complaining about having no money, yet they were supping the pints in the SU bar. What is society coming to??

Same with Eastenders, supposedly working class people struggling to make ends meet but they manage to go the pub most nights. Ludicrous it is!

Same with Eastenders, supposedly working class people struggling to make ends meet but they manage to go the pub most nights. Ludicrous it is!

Almost as ludicrous as someone worrying about their stress levels then watching one of the most depressing soaps ever produced. :icon_bigg

As I am one of those sad people who keep paperwork for ages I actually have copies of my pay slips for 2002/3.

Every one has a tax code finishing in 'T' which according the the link rules me out :icon_sad:

Drive round any inner city area and you will see them in spring and summer sitting outside the pub drinking and smoking. Pisses me off when i'm working and paying tax. Who's the mug? Not that i would want to do that anyway you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46