Available for Derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottm Fox

Apologies if its been mentioned on another thread, but anyone know the progress on the players that weren't in the squad for saturday.

I'm talking about...

Canero
gudjonnsen
Gemmill
Morris

i thought we missed canero on saturday and i haven't heard what was wrong with him?

Anyone know?

As far as I was aware all these players were available for selection. Micky said he had a ful strength squad on friday bar Tiatto and Elliott.

i'd heard the same, but i'm surprised if that is the case as i would have thought canero and gudjonnsen especially would have been the first eleven.

As far as I was aware all these players were available for selection. Micky said he had a ful strength squad on friday bar Tiatto and Elliott.

Canero's absense IMO is more to do with not being fit, he has only just come back from injury (same as Morris) so think it has more to do with that. Without knowing about the work permit stuff, Joey I would say not match fit, hense why Nalis got the nod.
Look at the quality of options we have now 8)

This is just my opinion but I think people are pinning too much hope on Canero. I dont see him being an automatic choice this season. He may do well to get on the bench. Personally I would like to see him given a go on the right wing but dont see it as a formality by any means.

He is well behind Scowie and Gillespie in the pecking order - might appear as a sub, but will not start

Has it all to prove IMO

I thought canero looked good when we saw him last season, had a bit of pace aswell.

I get Gilesspie regrets moving to leicester,

i don't think that canero is behind gillespie in the pecking order. Its obvious for all to see that after la mange adams wanted to get rid of all those involved or as many as he could. This is why he released sinclair and put gillespie on a free transfer. However as gillespie is shite no one wants him and is still with the club. As someone has said canero has only just come back from injury so when he is fully fit i'd imagine that he'd be in contention with scowy or makin,depending on where adams wants to play him, and that gillespie will be left in no mans land-which can only be a good thing 8)

I'm sure they were all just left out because of lack of match fitness as they didn't have much football over the summer, as with Martin Keown.

I'm not sure if most of them will start anyway, but I think they'd at least get places on the bench

Im not sure but I thought I saw Keown shouting instructions from the touchline during the game? did anyone else see this?

Can't quite understand the Canero backlash on here today,give him a chance eh?

aye...Keown was giving out instructions and geeing the lads up most of the game....its good to see him doing it...

drummindefender said:
scowcroft might not play as his partner had a baby yesterday-however i reckon he will

A baby and a transfer, busier than he ever is on the pitch. :roll: :wink:

highland fox said:
Can't quite understand the Canero backlash on here today,give him a chance eh?

i agree. i think he could be one of our best players this year. i was dissappointed that he wasn't in the side on saturday.
maybe as some of you have suggested he's just short of match fitness, he did spend a chunk of the summer recovering from an op?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566