Babyshambles & Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifice

Has anyone managed to hear the Babyshambles cover of The Clash's 'Janie Jones' ? 'Tis my fave track of the first Clash LP and it's odd to hear this new version.

It's being released to help the Joe Strummer Foundation for New Music thing and features everyone in the world with a guitar. (Carl Barat, the Rakes, Mystery Jets, The Holloways, We Are Scientists, The Paddingtons, Larrikin Love, Cazals, Noisettes, Good Books, Lady Fuzz, Kooks, Jack Penate, Laura Marling, Maccabees, Lisa Moorish, Test Icicles, Jamie T, Jeremy Warmsley, Guillemots, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presely & John Lennon)
Ok the last 3 ain't actually on it I think.

It's a sort of 2006 indiepop live-aid type shambles. It must have been havoc sorting it and recording it. It isn't the best thing in the world but could well go No.1

Hopefully no-body hears or buys the U2/Green Day version of The Skids 'Saints Are Coming'. it IS THE LOWEST POINT IN MUSIC HISTORY!!!
If Gareth Gates, Will Young & Fat Michelle McMannus had done it, it would have been no worse.
Thank you. Rant over.

Don't even get me started on ****ing Babyshambles!!! Given that they're a shit version of The Libertines. And that The Libertines were the most overrated band since Led Zeppelin !!! They just play the same 3 chords over and over, they're not tryinmg anything new and yet NME wants to have intercourse with them!!! If it wasn't for Pete Cock-erty taking drugs and getted arrested evrey other week no one would give a **** about them!!!

That's all IMO though

Rant over for me too

Last edited:
It's being released to help the Joe Strummer Foundation for New Music thing and features everyone in the world with a guitar. (Carl Barat, the Rakes, Mystery Jets, The Holloways, We Are Scientists, The Paddingtons, Larrikin Love, Cazals, Noisettes, Good Books, Lady Fuzz, Kooks, Jack Penate, Laura Marling, Maccabees, Lisa Moorish, Test Icicles, Jamie T, Jeremy Warmsley, Guillemots, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presely & John Lennon)

That isn't everyone with a guitar, taht's just shitty people that the NME masturbates over. Now if Dyaln was on it, that would be a different matter. Dylan is a GOD!!! If it was anyone with a guitar Tom Waits would be the first person to be asked

Last edited:
That isn't everyone with a guitar, taht's just shitty people that the NME masturbates over. Now if Dyaln was on it, that would be a different matter. Dylan is a GOD!!! If it was anyone with a guitar Tom Waits would be the first person to be asked

Robert Johnson does it for me. As it were.

Robert Johnson does it for me. As it were.

What about if we brought Nick Drake back from the dead?? One of the people i'd most like meet in the history of the world

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to hear the Babyshambles cover of The Clash's 'Janie Jones' ? 'Tis my fave track of the first Clash LP and it's odd to hear this new version.

Cracking Line-Up
The Rakes
The Holloways
Larkking Love
Good Books
Maccabees
Test Icicles
Jamie T
Jeremy Warmsley
Guillemots

All great bands/musicians who deserve more applauds, so are all these bands in the one song ''Janie Jones''.

Mikey, your NME jibe was quite wrong, listen to Jeremy Warmsley, he aint no NME bitch.

Last edited:
Cracking Line-Up
The Rakes
The Holloways
Larkking Love
Good Books
Maccabees
Test Icicles
Jamie T
Jeremy Warmsley
Guillemots

All great bands/musicians who deserve more applauds, so are all these bands in the one song ''Janie Jones''.

Mikey, your NME jibe was quite wrong, listen to Jeremy Warmsley, he aint no NME bitch.

That was me jsut being stupid :p i love Guillemots, i don't like any of the others though. Taht Warmsley guy you said about is the only one i've not heard

Haha, talk about going down in the world :icon_lol: :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
Not that that comment is disrespectful to the 1000's of hard working posties that bring your mail every day

Not that that comment is disrespectful to the 1000's of hard working posties that bring your mail every day

Good point, but your local postie didn't drum on prabably the greatest album ever made, did he??

Last edited:
Good point, but your local postie didn't drum on prabably the greatest album ever made, did he??
No, but my postie gets my mail for me, that **** just made music I don't like. So therefore, my postie is higher in my estimation than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566