New Contract Bamba to June 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff - he's been far and away our best defender this season.

Certainly has, and i signals his intent to stay ratehr than looking for a move elsewhere which is superb. Bamba is fast becoming a potential legend here- he lives in leicester (so i believe) and has a good rapport with the fans.

(have i used rapport right there?)

...signals his intent to stay ratehr than looking for a move elsewhere which is superb.

It signals his desire to be paid more and the club's desire to get more for him if he does decide to go. Nothing more.

(have i used rapport right there?)

If you mean there is a healthy and harmonious relationship in which both sides act in a way which benefits the other, you certainly have. If you believe otherwise, then probably not.

I enjoy going to live football for the skill of it and the fun of it as well as for the result.

This leads me to Sol Bamba. Sven picks him because he believes he is more effective than say Sean St Ledger and that is the right criteria. However, as a spectator I enjoy watching Bamba for the sheer delight - football with a smile on its face. This is why Weller is perhaps the most revered player in my time as a supporter. This is why I remember Frankie Wortho with more affection than Lineker although arguably Gary was the better player.

In over forty years of watching Leicester City I cannot remember enjoying a defender who was more fun to watch than Sol Bamba.

It signals his desire to be paid more and the club's desire to get more for him if he does decide to go. Nothing more.
Slightly cycnical, but a view which is probably unfortunately true.
If you mean there is a healthy and harmonious relationship in which both sides act in a way which benefits the other, you certainly have. If you believe otherwise, then probably not.
Boom, thanks very much, got that one right.
I enjoy going to live football for the skill of it and the fun of it as well as for the result.

This leads me to Sol Bamba. Sven picks him because he believes he is more effective than say Sean St Ledger and that is the right criteria. However, as a spectator I enjoy watching Bamba for the sheer delight - football with a smile on its face. This is why Weller is perhaps the most revered player in my time as a supporter. This is why I remember Frankie Wortho with more affection than Lineker although arguably Gary was the better player.

In over forty years of watching Leicester City I cannot remember enjoying a defender who was more fun to watch than Sol Bamba.
Completely agree. He's brilliant fun to watch and only occasionally does he make you very very nervous.

Love it when he charges out from the back or knocks the ball between a strikers legs on the edge of his own area, but also on his day he is a very good defender. I hope he keeps his good form up for the rest of the season and can continue to put in performances like he did against Brighton and Real (I know it was a friendly but he was bloody brilliant against some world class players).

Love it when he charges out from the back or knocks the ball between a strikers legs on the edge of his own area, but also on his day he is a very good defender. I hope he keeps his good form up for the rest of the season and can continue to put in performances like he did against Brighton and Real (I know it was a friendly but he was bloody brilliant against some world class players).

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570