Pre Match Barnsley (home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Ithink we were all hoping/expecting at least one new face but seems were set for the "old guard. We must start winning at home, either by being more adventurous in our play or simply by taking what chances we get. If news of us delaying SSL 's move is true i hope its not because one of our 2 centre backs are injured , i expect the team NP selects will be:

Kasper
Peltier
Mills
Tunchev
Konchesky
Gally
Danns
King
Dyer
Nugent
Beckford

agree with his selection or not any team we put out should be capable of beating these. I think we will 3-1 Beckford 2 Nugent

Last edited:
are you sure there's no under 18 that can pip Beckford to a place in the team?

Should win, but i can seeing it being a bore draw.

Reckon it'll be a draw, probably no goals and an absolute shite display.

Can't see us getting more than a point out of this. We are a team that is stagnating and visiting teams know how to get the better of us. I don't even know if I can be arsed to go.

Can't see us getting more than a point out of this. We are a team that is stagnating and visiting teams know how to get the better of us. I don't even know if I can be arsed to go.

Exactly how I feel, my plans for Saturday have changed from going to the match to DIY and shopping :icon_lol:

im appalled by the attitude of some fans, we were never this "negative thinking" under Sousa let alone SGE

Ithink we were all hoping/expecting at least one new face but seems were set for the "old guard. We must start winning at home, either by being more adventurous in our play or simply by taking what chances we get. If news of us delaying SSL 's move is true i hope its not because one of our 2 centre backs are injured , i expect the team NP selects will be:

Kasper
Peltier
Mills
Tunchev
Konchesky
Gally
Danns
King
Dyer
Nugent
Beckford

agree with his selection or not any team we put out should be capable of beating these. I think we will 3-1 Beckford 2 Nugent

I think your post is a classic example of what is wrong with LCFC.

You talk about being set for the"old guard". In the team that you recommend there are 8 players who did not kick a ball for the club last season. Some old guard! We've got a mindset that we have to be signing new players every 5 minutes. Its sort of if we've wasted a few million on players that aren't delivering the goods lets try a few million more.

In my opinion this won't work. LCFC needs to get back to basics and leave well behind the phoney lets bring in 'name' players of Sven together with if we can't get the 'name' players lets splash the owners cash on 'lesser' players and pretend that they are top notchers.

The way ahead should be through hard work and commitment to the cause. At the moment its more like we deserve to beat the likes of Barnsley because we've got more money than you. No wonder most people are p-ssed off and no wonder the likes of Barnsley look forward to comng to the KP and repeatedly exposing the myths.

Four nil to Barnsley

The complete bastards Beckford and Mills score two own goals apiece, which they follow by baring their arses in front of the kop in a show of utter contempt

They both then shit on the centre spot at the end of the game

You talk about being set for the"old guard". In the team that you recommend there are 8 players who did not kick a ball for the club last season. Some old guard! We've got a mindset that we have to be signing new players every 5 minutes. Its sort of if we've wasted a few million on players that aren't delivering the goods lets try a few million more.

In my opinion this won't work. LCFC needs to get back to basics and leave well behind the phoney lets bring in 'name' players of Sven together with if we can't get the 'name' players lets splash the owners cash on 'lesser' players and pretend that they are top notchers.

The way ahead should be through hard work and commitment to the cause. At the moment its more like we deserve to beat the likes of Barnsley because we've got more money than you. No wonder most people are p-ssed off and no wonder the likes of Barnsley look forward to comng to the KP and repeatedly exposing the myths.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well, I'd perhaps have put a picture of some boobs in there, but still good.

The complete bastards Beckford and Mills score two own goals apiece, which they follow by baring their arses in front of the kop in a show of utter contempt

More fantasy. Little chance that Beckford would find the net twice at either end of the pitch.

Vaz Te is going to put us to the sword.

Well said.

We have a very good record at home to Barnsley, we need it to continue to get our season going.

The last three home games have been dismal.

I would love to agree with you, but sadly, you are talking about a by gone era: which club follows this route today?

I would love to agree with you, but sadly, you are talking about a by gone era: which club follows this route today?

Swansea and Norwich last season for 2. Cardiff and Middlesbrough also look much improved since they've done this this season compared to buying the bigger name players last season.

edit: Not forgetting the Leicester sides of 2008/09 and 2009/10 too.

Last edited:
Swansea and Norwich last season for 2. Cardiff and Middlesbrough also look much improved since they've done this this season compared to buying the bigger name players last season.

edit: Not forgetting the Leicester sides of 2008/09 and 2009/10 too.

There are usually 3 or 4 teams in this league who excel in any one season who have followed this route. Mixing it and often finishing ahead of teams that have been relegated from the prem. It's the best way out of the league IMO.

I think that the route that we have been following over the last season and a half doesn't work either. We are just a soft touch for other clubs and players agents. The local media have chosen to buy into this approach but I sense that a good proportion of the support have sensed that it won't work. I also think that the pattern of spending is probably unsustainable and will end in the club being landed with long term heavy debt.

The appointment of Pearson is hopefully a sign of a back track to a more grounded approach by owners who don't know much about the ABC of the Football League and have wasted a lot of money. I can't imagine that Pearson is going to bring on flowing attacking football but I do think that he knows how to make us more difficuilt to beat at this level and won't stand for much nonsense from over paid players with unwarrented egos.

I'm hoping for a similar display as the game against Palace. I think if we play like we did against Palace we will win, whether we do or not is another matter. 2-1 to Barnsley is my prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566