Bassett has to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman said:
The type of contracts we can offer players in terms of finances is not decided by Bassett, he doesn't control the clubs finances...because we were in Sh*t street financially we had to offer a great deal of players reduced wages if relegated. The only way many of these players agreed to this is if there were escape clauses. I would rather see players leave than be stuck with a masive wage bill and no way of paying it. As a club we don't need administration again! The club has seen that this policy has not been great and so now will no longer include these clauses (Tim Davies said so on radio Leicester), Bassett can not be blamed for something that had nothing to do with him!

good point! Don't know how much Bassett can be blamed for youth team losing its coach...sounds like we are clutching at straws if we are trying to pin everything thats gone wrong at this club on Bassett...Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising anyone on a personal level, I just think possibly we are going a bit far. Next we'll be saying Bassett is concealing weapons of mass destruction at the club!

I didn't say Bassett was responsible for us losing the best academy director in england I was just saying that it's annoying that he stayed and Alan Hill was given his marching orders, I am so surprised that Bassett was kept on when we were in administration. He's a manager so will be on a fair wage, to have two managers on board effectively when your up shit street seems odd and stupid. Aaaah well

Malf said:
Batman said:
The type of contracts we can offer players in terms of finances is not decided by Bassett, he doesn't control the clubs finances...because we were in Sh*t street financially we had to offer a great deal of players reduced wages if relegated. The only way many of these players agreed to this is if there were escape clauses. I would rather see players leave than be stuck with a masive wage bill and no way of paying it. As a club we don't need administration again! The club has seen that this policy has not been great and so now will no longer include these clauses (Tim Davies said so on radio Leicester), Bassett can not be blamed for something that had nothing to do with him!

good point! Don't know how much Bassett can be blamed for youth team losing its coach...sounds like we are clutching at straws if we are trying to pin everything thats gone wrong at this club on Bassett...Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising anyone on a personal level, I just think possibly we are going a bit far. Next we'll be saying Bassett is concealing weapons of mass destruction at the club!

I didn't say Bassett was responsible for us losing the best academy director in england I was just saying that it's annoying that he stayed and Alan Hill was given his marching orders, I am so surprised that Bassett was kept on when we were in administration. He's a manager so will be on a fair wage, to have two managers on board effectively when your up shit street seems odd and stupid. Aaaah well

I am wrong anyway, he is concealing weapons of mass destruction...Tommy Wright & Tomi Petrescu - 2 tommy guns! Load em up and get ready to be fired back into the prem (ohhh cheesey :) )

Batman said:
Malf said:
Batman said:

I am wrong anyway, he is concealing weapons of mass destruction...Tommy Wright & Tomi Petrescu - 2 tommy guns! Load em up and get ready to be fired back into the prem (ohhh cheesey :) )

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like the sound of that. We don't actually need any new strikers when we've got these two beasts ready to burn, plus O'Grady and Morris aswell.

Malf said:
Batman said:
Malf said:
Batman said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like the sound of that. We don't actually need any new strikers when we've got these two beasts ready to burn, plus O'Grady and Morris aswell.

There is plenty of potential thats for sure...plus if we can get Morris fully fit we can use him on the left wing and drop stewart into a letf back role...Morris certainly has the blinding pace to scare most teams...I think if he stays fit we already have our Dickov replacement...Corky will teach the boy how to find the back of the net, plus if we keep ferdinand all of our srikers could learn from the best...I can't wait for the season to start!

Batman said:
Malf said:
Batman said:
Malf said:
Batman said:

There is plenty of potential thats for sure...plus if we can get Morris fully fit we can use him on the left wing and drop stewart into a letf back role...Morris certainly has the blinding pace to scare most teams...I think if he stays fit we already have our Dickov replacement...Corky will teach the boy how to find the back of the net, plus if we keep ferdinand all of our srikers could learn from the best...I can't wait for the season to start!

I think we need a new winger, another central midfielder, a new left back and right back (perhaps just have one player who can cover both if need be) and a new centre back. Strikers are touch and go, if we have plans to try the youngsters then we don't need anymore but if we aren't then i'd like to think we need a quality striker in like Bent or Novo.

I think we need a new winger, another central midfielder, a new left back and right back (perhaps just have one player who can cover both if need be) and a new centre back. Strikers are touch and go, if we have plans to try the youngsters then we don't need anymore but if we aren't then i'd like to think we need a quality striker in like Bent or Novo.

I totally agree, I definately think we need a ball winner in the middle of the park, and at the moment we are really weak on the left. Micky will know what to do, at least we can say we have a manager who knows what it takes to get out of this league...my only concern is that there is not enough competition for places and that the team may well take half a season to gel! :?

Batman said:

I totally agree, I definately think we need a ball winner in the middle of the park, and at the moment we are really weak on the left. Micky will know what to do, at least we can say we have a manager who knows what it takes to get out of this league...my only concern is that there is not enough competition for places and that the team may well take half a season to gel! :?

Possibly, but we didn't have many players the last time we were in division one. We only managed to sign Summerbee and McKinlay, we have alot less now but I can see 6 or 7 new players here before August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263