Bassetts Leicester City Allsorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Must admit that as a club we are going through some difficult times. It's pretty shit to know that the sheep shaggers and the trees are having a good old laugh at us at the moment. But I know that with Mickey and Dave Bassett in our camp we can still p*ss all over the both of them. If any of you feel worried then just think of the positives we do have.

We have one of the biggest wheeler dealers in football in the form of Dave Bassett. This man knows how to play the transfer market and he also knows how to spot good prospects...hell the guy could out wheel and deal Del Boy and Lenny Glover on their best days! Add to that Mickey Adams and the siege mentality that he loves, the seige mentality he knows, and the seige mentality that he uses to get the best out of players, and all of a sudden things don't seem so bad.

We might be kicking around the 1st division for a bit, but we have a great stadium, great fans, and great backroom staff at the Walkers...thats money in the bank baby! In terms of support we are now at a peak...can that be bad! If we stick by the team through the inevitable rough then we will see the benefit, We will rise again. If we ditch this club now then we'll lose it all. If anyone is thinking about not renewing their season ticket, or if you haven't had one in the past, NOW is the time to do the talking with your feet! Get down to that stadium and get involved...this is such a vital moment in this clubs history!!! I haven't got a fecking clue when we will get back in the prem, but I know we will, because you can't keep us down...we'll always s*it on the Ba*tards below!! :x

i dont want to be negative but i reckon gates will drop by 10,000 miniumum

lazzer said:
i dont want to be negative but i reckon gates will drop by 10,000 miniumum

depends on the start we get.

SilverFox said:
Must admit that as a club we are going through some difficult times. It's pretty shit to know that the sheep shaggers and the trees are having a good old laugh at us at the moment. But I know that with Mickey and Dave Bassett in our camp we can still p*ss all over the both of them. If any of you feel worried then just think of the positives we do have.

We have one of the biggest wheeler dealers in football in the form of Dave Bassett. This man knows how to play the transfer market and he also knows how to spot good prospects...hell the guy could out wheel and deal Del Boy and Lenny Glover on their best days! Add to that Mickey Adams and the siege mentality that he loves, the seige mentality he knows, and the seige mentality that he uses to get the best out of players, and all of a sudden things don't seem so bad.

We might be kicking around the 1st division for a bit, but we have a great stadium, great fans, and great backroom staff at the Walkers...thats money in the bank baby! In terms of support we are now at a peak...can that be bad! If we stick by the team through the inevitable rough then we will see the benefit, We will rise again. If we ditch this club now then we'll lose it all. If anyone is thinking about not renewing their season ticket, or if you haven't had one in the past, NOW is the time to do the talking with your feet! Get down to that stadium and get involved...this is such a vital moment in this clubs history!!! I haven't got a fecking clue when we will get back in the prem, but I know we will, because you can't keep us down...we'll always s*it on the Ba*tards below!! :x

Good post, nice and positive. I think that if the gates can get to about 26,000 or so then we have a chance. I think that the club have gone wrong though by putting such a hefty price tag on the single game tickets. That will cause the attendance to drop considerably next season in my opinion. We'll see. if we can notch up 5 wins in the first 7 games then no doubt the 'life long' city fans will crawl out from under their stones and cheer the attendance up to 26,000 or so.

SilverFox said:
We have one of the biggest wheeler dealers in football in the form of Dave Bassett. This man knows how to play the transfer market and he also knows how to spot good prospects...hell the guy could out wheel and deal Del Boy....

I am not sure recent events have borne this out. :? :? :roll:

We brought in something like 11 new players last season. O.k. some didn't work out but we must put that into perspective...many of them were free transfers. I think that we got something valuable out of a lot of those deals. Thatcher is now playing extremely well, Marcus Bent was doing nothing in division one & now Celtic and Rangers are interested, people are/were tripping over themselves to sign Dickov and Scumica...All of this players were doing sweet FA before Bassett and Mickey came in for them. It was Bassett's connections that got Freund over here...the guy was only here for a few weeks and he is already regarded as a legend!!

As regards to the screwy contract situation, Mickey and Dave had to include get out clauses at an affordable price in the event that we went down. We don't want to go into admin again (-10 points) With a lot of these free transfers if we didn't put a clause into their contracts we ran the risk of having a wage bill that we couldn't afford...also it was one of the only ways to attract a lot of players. If players think they are going to get relegated and spend the remaining years of their career in the first division they would never have signed in the first place. The get out clause gives a player options..options are never a bad thing! It was a risk, but a risk we had to take to be able to compete in the premiership!

As for Dave & Mickey now, they said anyone who leaves will be replaced. Whats to stop them finding the next Dickov languishing in someone elses reserves...don't write them off, they've done it once...I'm betting they can do it again!

Bloody hope so. Silva, your threads have been inspiring today. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757