BB's quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Tried to blow up Parliament in 1605, so I would guess that year or the one after seeing as how it was quite late in the year.

And having googled it after putting TB to bed for the night, I found that Potassium Nitrate is indeed 'saltpetre' (note spelling).

I'd always just assumed that saltpetre was rock salt, obviously not, but I'm sure you can see why I'd jump to a conclusion like that so I don't feel too embarrassed by my presumptuous stupidity.

I'd always just assumed that saltpetre was rock salt, obviously not, but I'm sure you can see why I'd jump to a conclusion like that so I don't feel too embarrassed by my presumptuous stupidity.

Rock Salt is just a very compacted form of the salt that you have on the table, perhaps with a bit of Gypsum and other impurities thrown in.

Rock Salt is just a very compacted form of the salt that you have on the table, perhaps with a bit of Gypsum and other impurities thrown in.

common salt = NaCl

SaltPetre = KNO3

Yeah, I know that. I was just saying that I jumped to the presumption that saltpetre was rock salt, because of the name.

Yeah, I know that. I was just saying that I jumped to the presumption that saltpetre was rock salt, because of the name.

A bit like assuming copper nitrate is police shift pay. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47