Speculation Beckford to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm new to all of this so please be kind.

Just wondering if anyone knew what the background to this whole scenario is? Does Beckford actively want to leave, or is it that Nigel Pearson wants him gone?

There are some very good things happening in terms of team building, but I do wonder if the owners really are committed to Nigel. Certainly they have not given him the same level of funding as they did Sven last summer. This could be because that level of spending is simply not sustainable, but equally there is the possibility that they are either not as enthusiastic as they were about the club, or they just don't believe in Nigel Pearson as a manager.

Just thinking aloud, but I'd be interested to hear what you all think.

Just wondering if anyone knew what the background to this whole scenario is? Does Beckford actively want to leave, or is it that Nigel Pearson wants him gone?

There are some very good things happening in terms of team building, but I do wonder if the owners really are committed to Nigel. Certainly they have not given him the same level of funding as they did Sven last summer. This could be because that level of spending is simply not sustainable, but equally there is the possibility that they are either not as enthusiastic as they were about the club, or they just don't believe in Nigel Pearson as a manager.

Hi Walrus. I'm guessing that the owners have come to the conclusion that they are not getting their money's worth with Beckford, and I'd also guess that Pearson agrees with them. I don't think there's much more to it really.

Last edited:

Welcome,

I doubt either way that Pear Son would spend large amounts of money on players, it is not his style and I would hazard a guess that the types of players that demand such large fees are not the type of player Pear Son believes would fit into the squad ethos he is slowly building.

On the other hand I would say that he has spent a fair amount of money when compared to other Championship sides.

Last edited:

Hi Walrus, nobody has the slightest ****ing idea, but most people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that it isn't what Beckypants wants. They're just making assumptions though.

Personally, if I was pushed, I'd say it is all down to Beckford looking for a move, but that's just because I like to be contrary

It is difficult to tell what the reasons are for this whole affair. What is for sure is that we don't seem to be bending over backwards to keep him at the club. It is more talk of "the right deal", rather than wanting him here.

I can see why his head might have dropped. I'm not convinced we have played to his strengths (at least initially. There has been some good passing play so far this season that might have suited him better), and it doesn't appear as though tough love or an arm around the shoulder has worked. It will be interesting to see if he gets any more chances and if he takes them. The style of passing play I have seen recently might suit him better if he gets his head down.

For whatever reason it just hasn't seemed to work out so far. If he does go I would not be surprised if he had a really good goal scoring run. It always seems to be the case that a player of some pedigree (or hype) joins us, instantly loses their mojo, and miraculously finds it again somewhere else.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669