Confirmed Transfer Ben Chilwell On Loan To Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/98868/ben-chilwell

They love him at at Hudds.

They could play hardball but the player himself could push for a move, which would make it difficult for them to keep him, although they should get more than £4m for him.. What a top quality player, unbelievable he's only 18! If Bolton is his final game for town I've got to say what a pleasure it's been to watch him play in the famous Blue & White.. I've no doubt this lad will go on to play for England! He's got everything required imo & could step into any premier league side now & not look out of place.. Top, top player who'll be damn near impossible to replace without spending £££.

Unfortunate for his that we actually have a left back these days.

Then again he's only 18

When is he due back? Would be good to see him in the cup game, assuming we've not let him get cup-tied.

From Huddersfield's official site:

The game was the final one of Leicester City youngster Ben Chilwell’s Emergency Loan spell at the Club and David commented on the potential future of the England Under-20 international:

“He has done a very good job; he is a great English talent. We are not in the position to make the decision to keep him here – Leicester is – so we have to wait. If there is any chance he can stay longer we will try to take this, but I think the chances are not so high.

“I think Ben would like to stay, but he is also not the person who makes the final decision. We all have to look to Leicester and wait.”

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-david-wagner-bolton-wanderers-2881156.aspx

From Huddersfield's official site:

The game was the final one of Leicester City youngster Ben Chilwell’s Emergency Loan spell at the Club and David commented on the potential future of the England Under-20 international:

“He has done a very good job; he is a great English talent. We are not in the position to make the decision to keep him here – Leicester is – so we have to wait. If there is any chance he can stay longer we will try to take this, but I think the chances are not so high.

“I think Ben would like to stay, but he is also not the person who makes the final decision. We all have to look to Leicester and wait.”

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-david-wagner-bolton-wanderers-2881156.aspx

THATS BETTER

He should start against Spurs in the Cup, then hang around whilst Schlupp is out. Then, if Fuchs is fit and doing well still, we could let him go back to Huddersfield or (preferably) a higher placed Championship club.

If the reports of him being so good are true, he's already better than Schlupp and it is he who we should be sending out on loan.

Why do his generation repeatedly use the phrase "yeah, no, definitely" in answer to a question?

Have a heart. The "yeah no definitely" was to give himself time to avoid any bad answers in the manner of Joe Mattock. He interviewed well for a lad of his age.

As for his football I have not seen him play. It seems to me a good idea for a young player to learn his trade in the first team of other divisions before adapting to the Premier League.

Be interesting to see him make an appearance in the cup game and also gives Fuchs a rest which are both important.

If the reports of him being so good are true, he's already better than Schlupp and it is he who we should be sending out on loan.

I'm assuming that's a joke? We sure could have done with Schlupp over the last three matches.

I'm assuming that's a joke? We sure could have done with Schlupp over the last three matches.
At left back? Fuchs have been brilliant. No way we have needed Schlupp in that position.

I'd imagine he means on the wing as we could do with more options there.

Schlupp may be a bit unorthodox at times but his direct style with pace and power can be very effective and I think he would have definitely been used there recently had he been fit.

Definitely not one we should be letting go on loan or permanently.

Schlupp may be a bit unorthodox at times but his direct style with pace and power can be very effective and I think he would have definitely been used there recently had he been fit.

Definitely not one we should be letting go on loan or permanently.
yes, but I guess Lako meant that Chilwell is a better left back than Schlupp.

Indeedy

That is exactly what I meant. I was referring to the loan Schlupp part of Lako's point.

In general, I think Schlupp is a very underrated part of our squad.

I think people are aware of my views on Schlupp, position is irrelevant when you are so badly lacking a footballing brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566