Ben Mee on loan again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should a manager need to justify his team selections? The whole 'Weale, Weale, Weale' chants show that fans are best off keeping out of such issues as they just end up looking like complete bellends.

This.

Why are we trying to loan players? theres money now for **** sake! why cant we just ****in buy! :mad:

The loan system, when utilised efficiently, is a fantastic thing. Sven only used it like he did last season because he had to add quality to the squad in a short space of time to try and make the playoffs - this was the only way he could have realistically done this.

I don't like the idea of '**** the loan system, we can spend millions and millions of pounds on players now' - it's extremely short sighted. If we can get in 2 or 3 quality players on loan this season - Mee, Naughton etc - then I'll be more than happy.

Or perhaps you'd rather we spunk 5 million quid on Naughton and have our remaining budget for players greatly depleted?

I can't understand why everyone is so against loans this season, Sven has already categorically stated that he won't be utilising it in the same way that he did last season.

Calm the **** down people.

If we are going to use the loan system. I'd prefer to loan a player with the option to buy at the end of the loan pre arranged.

A good idea for some loans, but it would limit the loans available to us and the quality of the player.
Exactly. A club would only do this if they wanted to get rid of the player now but no suitable buyers were around, hence loan him out to get him off the wage bill for now etc.

With someone like Mee, it's highly unlikely Man City would do this, as they may see him as being part of their future set up or if he performed well, it would be in their interests not to have such a clause as then they could sell to the highest bidder. Such a clause is only going to be for the kind of player nobody really wants.

Exactly. A club would only do this if they wanted to get rid of the player now but no suitable buyers were around, hence loan him out to get him off the wage bill for now etc.

With someone like Mee, it's highly unlikely Man City would do this, as they may see him as being part of their future set up or if he performed well, it would be in their interests not to have such a clause as then they could sell to the highest bidder. Such a clause is only going to be for the kind of player nobody really wants.
In which case, why take the player on loan at all?

Because it gives you a "try before you buy" option. Give the player a go, if he's any good, buy him, if not then send him back. Simples.

Why not? Are you saying that if Arsenal turned round and said 'Ok, we will loan you Vela, but we wont be selling him at the end of the loan' you would say, no thanks. Of course you wouldn't because he is better than anything we could buy or Loan with a view to buy.

I'm looking at the long term benefit for Leicester City.
If a club has no wish to sell a player once the loan period was over, then I would look elsewhere first.

There were times last season when you could quite rightly question the efforts put in by certin loan players that were going back to their club on completion of the loan.
As for the quality of these players, take a look at players that have gone out on loan that can move on from their parent club recently. Yakubu, Bellamy, Keane...

I'm looking at the long term benefit for Leicester City.
If a club has no wish to sell a player once the loan period was over, then I would look elsewhere first.

How about the potential short-term benefit of using his ability to have one successful season and then if he moves on he moves on. I guess if Real Madrid wanted to loan us Cristiano Ronaldo for one season and then insisted that he would have to go back to them, you wouldn't want that deal?

How about the potential short-term benefit of using his ability to have one successful season and then if he moves on he moves on. I guess if Real Madrid wanted to loan us Cristiano Ronaldo for one season and then insisted that he would have to go back to them, you wouldn't want that deal?

Not if we get Rommedahl!

Ronaldo's not really an argument is it?

Fourth_Official saying we are in talks but no fee agreed upon yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669