Benjamin's gone for good

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Benjamin Contract Cancelled

Leicester City have today cancelled the contract of striker Trevor Benjamin by mutual consent.

Benjamin joined Northampton Town on loan at the turn of the year after failing to secure a regular first team berth under new Leicester boss Craig Levein.

And the club have now come to an agreement with the 25-year-old forward which ends his four-and-a-half year affiliation with the Foxes.

Benjamin was in the last year of his Leicester contract, having signed a five-year deal when he originally joined the club under Peter Taylor in 2000.

The Kettering-born striker will probably be best remembered by Leicester fans for his fine scoring run at the end of the 2002-03 campaign - bagging seven goals in 14 appearances to help the Foxes to promotion.

Benjamin has scored two goals in four starts since joining the Cobblers.

Lets all have a disco, lets all have a disco a la la la OOOO a la la la OOOO

Thank god for that, all the best Trev but this really does feel like the Taylor legacy well and truly over.

Good luck at Northampton.

I feel sorry for him, he has the passion/commitment of a good player just lacks everything else.

Wish him all the best, would imagine he will end up at a championship club though next season

DurhamFox said:
Wish him all the best, would imagine he will end up at a championship club though next season

Which will be the third best division by then!

silkman said:
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~615365,00.htm

really? or best remenbered for being talentless, clumsy and inept, but managing to hang around the place long enough to win a place in our ever open hearts?
surely (well, maybe not - have just remembered Junior Lewis) the least competent player to pull on a blue shirt in a decade

Not even close Mate

Joe_Fox said:

Thank god for that, all the best Trev but this really does feel like the Taylor legacy well and truly over.

Dont forget we still got Scowcroft.

lcfcrules said:
Joe_Fox said:

and Elliot and Walker

leicester_til_i_die said:
I feel sorry for him, he has the passion/commitment of a good player just lacks everything else.

As Semper Eadem implies - I feel sorry for us that so much turnstile money has been heaped on such a talentless player - dear oh dear!

Actually although signed during the Taylor 'era' I do belive Scowy, Walker and Wise were all board signings as they belived PT hadn't got enough expreiance

DurhamFox said:
lcfcrules said:
Joe_Fox said:

and Elliot and Walker

O'Neill signed Elliot though, not Taylor.

Redditch Fox said:
leicester_til_i_die said:

As Semper Eadem implies - I feel sorry for us that so much turnstile money has been heaped on such a talentless player - dear oh dear!

how much did he cost to buy? anyone know exactly how much he was on a week? it'd be interesting to work out how many tickets that equates to :twisted:

Joe_Fox said:

I thought Levein signed Taylor?

As for Benji, best bit of news I've heard in a long time - he was truly shocking - makes you sick when you think Benjamin was on similar wages to what Defoe was on.

Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:
lcfcrules said:
Joe_Fox said:

and Elliot and Walker

Taylor gave him a ridiculously long and lucrative contract though.

DurhamFox said:
Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:
lcfcrules said:
Joe_Fox said:

and Elliot and Walker

Taylor gave him a ridiculously long and lucrative contract though.

I see your point mate, but Benj was truly shite rather than just a bit shitty.

Fair play to big Matty, he was quality in his day but he must have been rubbing his hands together when muppett boy called him in to his office to go thorugh his new contract.

No prostituting himself around the lower leagues as he edges toward retirement like some of our pensioner for big Matty.

MKFox said:
how much did he cost to buy? anyone know exactly how much he was on a week? it'd be interesting to work out how many tickets that equates to :twisted:

Think the fee was £1.5 Million and he was on a 4 1/2 contract at about £15k a week so a total cost of about £5 Million :evil: A lot of tickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669