Benj's Wages = new signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Could the money saved with his departure pave the way for a moderate new signing. CL was quoted as saying he wanted people in before the March deadline but needed to get players out first, hopefully Scowy or Dion next.

dpjfox said:
Could the money saved with his departure pave the way for a moderate new signing.

I doubt it.

But it might go some way to making up for us having to have Blake back, I'm sure we were expecting him to stay at Leeds for more than a month.

It looks like Trev left by mutual consent, which indicates that the contract was terminated and city would not have to carry on paying him. An excelent thing for Trev to do. especially as he has only pocketed
2-3million from city.
Not bad for a crap player

step said:
It looks like Trev left by mutual consent, which indicates that the contract was terminated and city would not have to carry on paying him.

I love the optimism, but it is more likely that we got a discount (small one at that) on the remaining value of the contract at best. So in effect we will still be paying for Benji. :? :(

I imagine if Blake had played well and stayed free of injury then he would have stayed with Leeds until the end of the season on loan or on a free transfer

Steven said:
step said:
It looks like Trev left by mutual consent, which indicates that the contract was terminated and city would not have to carry on paying him.

I love the optimism, but it is more likely that we got a discount (small one at that) on the remaining value of the contract at best. So in effect we will still be paying for Benji. :? :(

We actually got a very good dicsount ! so for a "moderate" lump sum we`ve saved ourselves a fortune on the weekly wage bill.

Ay up Mad Biker, Happy new year and that!

Any inside gossip?

Thats great news if we got rid of him at a good discount! almost like he was hounded out of the club.

How ever it happened, he can go and be a hero at some forth rate club and live like a lord thanks to city.

All the evidence points to big Matty going sooner rather than later on one of these pay off deals. I for one will be sad to see him leave and especially so if he is hounded out like Benj. Surely we could do a deal to keep him on in a coaching capacity? One of worst decisions Taylor made was not to offer Walshy something.

One of worst decisions Taylor made was not to offer Walshy something.

I can think of one or two decisions that were ever-so-slightly worse than that.....

Walsh - good player for us in a sea of mediocrity at the time, and a true LCFC legend, but not someone you would want around in a mangerial/coaching role. He's too disruptive. I used to play pool with him quite regularly and whilst he's good company, he's not someone I would want to be involved in running the club. :shock:

homer said:

I can think of one or two decisions that were ever-so-slightly worse than that.....

..... never. :shock: :p :wink:

homer said:

So can I, dont know why I said that really. Although Walshy could have had a role at the club, hes LCFC though and through and would have been a superb motivator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669