Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought him a pint once, before a game, just to see what would happen.
A social experiment...... bit like Coalville, but on a smaller scale

I feel sorry for him. He clearly has a lot of pent up aggression and something in his part must have gone wrong to cause it. Deep down aggressive people are always unhappy people.
Two things occur to me:
since he gives the impression of being very hard up how does he afford to go to matches
does he have next door neighbours and if so what do they have to put up with.

I feel sorry for him. He clearly has a lot of pent up aggression and something in his part must have gone wrong to cause it. Deep down aggressive people are always unhappy people.
Two things occur to me:
since he gives the impression of being very hard up how does he afford to go to matches
does he have next door neighbours and if so what do they have to put up with.

I wouldn't say was aggressive he does rant a bit though. I'm not entirely sure but I think it was the death of his wife which led to his current state of mind. I know he owned a house to the north of Leicester which went to rack and ruin. He most definitely is not skint as I saw his wedge in the Counting house one saturday. He keeps his cash in that plastic bag he has wrapped around his arm to the point if his hands turning blue. If you observe him when he his sober and no one is goading him you will see he is not as crazy as he makes out.

I wouldn't say was aggressive he does rant a bit though. I'm not entirely sure but I think it was the death of his wife which led to his current state of mind. I know he owned a house to the north of Leicester which went to rack and ruin. He most definitely is not skint as I saw his wedge in the Counting house one saturday. He keeps his cash in that plastic bag he has wrapped around his arm to the point if his hands turning blue. If you observe him when he his sober and no one is goading him you will see he is not as crazy as he makes out.

He had a house in Quorn, I used to drive by it regularly and it was in a bit of a state. It must have been sold 5 years ago or more. I don't know where he lives now, I assumed he'd gone in a home.

He lives in Loughborough now and he is really not that mad. He is a wealth of knowledge, knows his football inside and out and has more brains than most who have posted derogative comments about him. I know him personally. I am now an expat and he writes often, sending me clips from papers on the City etc etc. His bags are not stuffed with money, but newspaper clippings that he takes to the match for good luck, plus a sandwich or two. Yes he is eccentric. Yes he smells a bit. Yes he is probably a bit of a drunk. But by god, he is the most knowledgabLE Leicester Fan and dedicated Leicester Fan that you are likely to meet, so be proud to know him. I LOVE BERNIE TO BITS. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He lives in Loughborough now and he is really not that mad. He is a wealth of knowledge, knows his football inside and out and has more brains than most who have posted derogative comments about him. I know him personally. I am now an expat and he writes often, sending me clips from papers on the City etc etc. His bags are not stuffed with money, but newspaper clippings that he takes to the match for good luck, plus a sandwich or two. Yes he is eccentric. Yes he smells a bit. Yes he is probably a bit of a drunk. But by god, he is the most knowledgabLE Leicester Fan and dedicated Leicester Fan that you are likely to meet, so be proud to know him. I LOVE BERNIE TO BITS. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No thanks, I don't know Bernie personally, and from what I've seen of him I don't want to.
If you're happy to have him as a friend, then that is your prerogative.

Sums him up well. He's not near 'unhinged' as folk make out. I had to share a carriage on the way back from Peterborough with them where some pissed up tosspot tried winding him up all journey, he just ignored him for the entire trip.

Who said his bag was stuffed with money ? I said he kept his wedge in one if his bags and a considerable wedge at that. As seen by myself Willlow Nottingham Fox and Durham Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669