Best Headphones? Wireless or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

I am going to buy some new headphones. I'm looking for some really good quality ones that fit right around your ear, like the ones you use in music shops to try out new albums.

I've been told that Sennheiser make the best sort of headphones, so have been mainly looking for them, and also at the possibility of wireless 'phones.

-Are there any major differences between wireless/non wireless in the sound quality?

-Is there an adapter you plug in to the thing you want to use? Or do they somehow tune in automatically?

-What about using them with MP3 players, if there is an adapter will it be too big to use comfortably with an MP3?

Here are the four ones I have found on Amazon...what do you think?
Creative Labs HN700 Headphones (Wires)
Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones (Wires)
Sennheiser RS130 - Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser RS120 Headphones Black/Grey (Wireless)

Aside from reading customer reviews on amazon I haven't done any research, so any answers to the Q's above or reccomendations would be appreciated!!!

Right thanks Jeff after your comments and what I have been reading on the net (AV forums) in the past few mins it looks like wired 'phones are the way to go!

So now I just have to find the right one those HD 201's in the previous post are very cheap and have got great reviews but do you think they look comfortable enoguh?

Only go for wireless if you really need to have no wires.
Wired headphones sound better, they're cheaper, and they don't need batteries / charging.
Wireless headphones have an adaptor that plugs into the headphone socket - and the adaptor needs to be powered too.

I have wireless Logitech ones, my adaptor is battery powered, so no need to plug in.

Ta for the link Feriol, but I ordered the Sennheiser 201s on amazon yesterday!
I will post feedback when they arrive!

They are absolutely amazing! comfortable and loud, extremely clear and sometimes I notice new things in the music that I didn't know were there!

The only bad things are the cable, which is 3m long, and the fact that if you are embarrased about your music, don't use them loud, as they dont contain the noise very well.

But for £15 or so, these are great value! I would have been happy with them if I paid 30-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669