Best Leicester Player of the Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Discussing team's best XI's of the 00's on another forum.

I realised it really has ibeen that bad? Can't think of anyone that warrants it tbh. Would be much easier to name the worst players.

More of a 90's player for me. Did well under Micky Adams, but I always thought Dickov was our most important player in the promotion season, and probably Walker given our great defensive record that season too. Les Ferdinand was definitely our best player the season we were in the Prem under him.

Last edited:
He spent more time at Leicester in the 2000s than the 1990s.

He didn't leave until mid 2004. He may have been better in the 1990s, but he was still better than most of the other players we've had this decade.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree he was better than most other players this decade, just that he didn't have the same influence on the side in the 00's. He probably is our best this decade though, given that his competition is utter shite. :icon_wink

Last edited:
Discussing team's best XI's of the 00's on another forum.

I realised it really has ibeen that bad? Can't think of anyone that warrants it tbh. Would be much easier to name the worst players.

When did you start going to the football?

Flowers ,Sinclair ,Taggart ,Guppy ,Savage ,Elliott ,Izzet ,Lennon ,Eadie, Collymore ,Heskey

Yeah, I thought about all those, but a lot of them only played in the 00's for 6 months, 3 months in Heskey's case so I never find it quite the same as a player who's served us for years.

I mean Mancini was up there too, for his 2 games or whatever it was.

I think Dickov was as good as anyone for those 2 seasons under Adams, even if he is a total knobend.

Best XI:

Pressman
Curtis
Laursen
Gerrbrand
Clapham
Brooker
Lewis
Gemmill
Wilcox
John
Blake

No point arguing, it just is.

The two players I most enjoyed watching were Deane and Tunchev. However, while Deane was technically brilliant struggling with age and Tunchev has only given us half a season against League One opposition. I would go with Dickov who although not as talented as Deane gave everything in the Adams promotion season. It was sad to see him on his return as only a shadow of his former self.
I cannot agree with picking Collymore. Stan Collymore for one game was wonderful but at his worst was a disgrace. While in dispute with the club Collymore became the only player I have believed deliberately played badly. Peter Taylor said his performance was unacceptable and immediately dropped him from the squad - it was one of the few decisions Taylor got right. Apart from the inimitable Spider Kalac I have always said that Malcolm Partridge was the most woeful Leicester player I have seen but unlike Collymore he at least always did his rather inept best.

Billy Shitpants, closely followed by Andy Player

Mark De Vries, yes not the most brilliant technichal player but he was fantastic in the air and showed composure on many occasions. He always gave a hundred percent, a true LCFC ledgend, his winner against Tottenham will never be forgotten.

Mark De Vries, yes not the most brilliant technichal player but he was fantastic in the air and showed composure on many occasions. He always gave a hundred percent, a true LCFC ledgend, his winner against Tottenham will never be forgotten.

I've stood up for you a bit in the past... and most of the time read threads thinking people should lay off you a bit, and people give you too hard a time..

But no... not at all. After reading that I think you get a much EASIER time here than you deserve!

Mark De Vries? Good Lord.

The worrying thing is. I actually get the impression you are half serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566