• Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont give a monkeys

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

I'm off on holiday to Bulgaria next saturday and as such will miss the Macclesfield and Southend games.

Due to a possible lack of internet I will probably pick up an english newspaper to see how we got on. Unfortunately I doubt they ship the merc in to Bulgaria...

So... which national paper is the best (or least worst, melton/hf) for Championship match reviews? Which is the most detailed and well written?

contact them now and they may do it.

joe501 said:
I'm off on holiday to Bulgaria next saturday and as such will miss the Macclesfield and Southend games.

Due to a possible lack of internet I will probably pick up an english newspaper to see how we got on. Unfortunately I doubt they ship the merc in to Bulgaria...

So... which national paper is the best (or least worst, melton/hf) for Championship match reviews? Which is the most detailed and well written?

The Times on a Monday but we don't get that much of a report,I wouldn't imagine any will do a report on the Macclesfield match.Otherwise the Mirror

Last edited:
Well someone voted for it :icon_lol:

I suppose they might to reports on monday like the times

Thought you may be interested to know that a reporter from the Observer contacted the Trust before the season started looking for a City fan to contact after games for their opinion which will then feature in their newspaper.

The paper now has about half the Trust website match reporting team's phone numbers for comment, so look out for them

The Sun is normally quite good for its Championship coverage, but what happened yesterday? Time travel is very popular these days, judging by the enormous popular and critical success of the Doctor Who revival, but I was suprised to find that it was used to write the 'live up-to-date Coca Cola Championship team news':

"Matt Piper could play his last game for Leicester before a possible £2.5 million move to Sunderland but Andy Impey will miss out with a knee injury" (12 August 2006, p.63).

Both players left Leicester in 2002 and 2004 respectively, and are more or less retired from football these days, so I doubt many foxes fans were disappointed by their exclusion from the squad.

dochappyslap said:
The Sun is normally quite good for its Championship coverage, but what happened yesterday? Time travel is very popular these days, judging by the enormous popular and critical success of the Doctor Who revival, but I was suprised to find that it was used to write the 'live up-to-date Coca Cola Championship team news':

"Matt Piper could play his last game for Leicester before a possible £2.5 million move to Sunderland but Andy Impey will miss out with a knee injury" (12 August 2006, p.63).

Both players left Leicester in 2002 and 2004 respectively, and are more or less retired from football these days, so I doubt many foxes fans were disappointed by their exclusion from the squad.

i saw that had to take another look to make sure, very bizarre:icon_bigg

It's probable that you won't be able to get the full range of English papers in Bulgaria and even thiose papers you can get may be different editions from the one that you get at home.

Better plan to spend a
1lv_a.gif
or a
2lv_a.gif
in an
Internet-cafess.jpg
to read http://www.lcfc.com .

Jeff said:
Why would someone go to that site when they can get all the news, opinion, gossip and innuendo they need from this site?

It might just be a little bit quicker than reading through all the different opinions here. If somebody in Bulgaria had read TB this week, they would still be unsure whether it was Fryatt or Wesolowski that put the ball through for Huuuuume to score - hopefully the OS got it right.

But I take your point.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
maybe they have a website???

If he can get on the Web then he can read the OS,The Merc any number of reports.He said he probably won't be able to get On the Internet...:icon_roll

Yorkshire Vixen said:
didnt read that bit only read this page on the thread :icon_conf

Just get on with the ironing or something,this is Mans talk.Women only read Womans Own or magazines about knitting.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
didnt read that bit only read this page on the thread :icon_conf

It's about time you got bigger pages!

Look for the setting in UserCP and you can have 40 messages per page - much less switching between pages all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566