Best Players.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naughty Fox

display you have ever seen AGAINST city.
Two stick in my mind 96-97ish Patrick Berger for Liverpool, we had seen a few good sides and players by then, but he distroyed us on one day the score wasn't high but he ran everything.(I will try and remember which game).
Dennis Bergkamp the famous draw when he got a hat trick, which he says is his best.

Just thought I would start something light-hearted as it has been a bit quiet of late.

I remember both of these Naughty. Also, McManaman was awesome that day as well (for Liverpool).

Other masterful displays I remember are Vialli when Chelsea thumped us at home.

Tony Yeboah in our first season in the Prem was awesome for Leeds when we lost 3-0 i think. Juninho for Boro a few weeks before the Coca-Cola Final in 97 too.

Des Walker for the trees in 91 in the Simod Cup or whatever it was was awesome too, I remember that cause he was immense.

Was that the Liverpool game when Berger came on at half time?

I remember i was sitting in the cop and i think he scored twice down that end!!!

[/quote]

bold_fox said:
Was that the Liverpool game when Berger came on at half time?

I remember i was sitting in the cop and i think he scored twice down that end!!!
[/quote]

Twas his debut, we lost 3-0 he came on at half time.

for me it can only be the Bergkamp hat-trick performance against us in the 3-3 draw at Filbert Street a few years back. Was probably one of the greatest hat-tricks ever scored. Lets hope he does not retire this summer

Juninho against us in the league match a couple of weeks before we played them at Wembley.

Beckham against us in the opening match of the '98-99 season. after his antics at the World Cup left the tabloids calling him a lot of not very ncie names.

Zola in the game we lost 4-2 at Filbo...errr think it was that same season but not sure.

beaumontfox said:
Juninho against us in the league match a couple of weeks before we played them at Wembley.

This is the one that I would have chosen if Beaumont hadn't already chosen it. But all was well in the final when MON told Pontus that he had to go everywhere that the little man went and get there first!!

Pontus said he hated playing that sort of football - we loved it!!

Shearer in that game when Newcastle beat us 4-3.

Allthough he only started playing 10 minuites from the end.

beaumontfox said:

Beckham against us in the opening match of the '98-99 season. after his antics at the World Cup left the tabloids calling him a lot of not very ncie names.

Zola in the game we lost 4-2 at Filbo...errr think it was that same season but not sure.

Best solo performance i've seen against us, and in a strange way it probaly won us the cup.
Had it not been for that league game he would have humiliated us at Wembley in front of the nation.
I remember him trotting onto the filbo turf and i thought he's 4ft nothing and about 6 stone. One crunching tackle from Walshie and you won't see him for the rest of the afternoon. How wrong could i be, he made us look pathetic. It was an awesome display from the little fecker.

Teeno said:

I'll never get over Shearer stamping on Lennie - hated him for that.

LENNON2.gif

alex said:
Teeno said:

As you can see above it is more of a swinging kick and a rake. :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

alex said:
Teeno said:

DON'T get me started on that man!!!
i ***** hate him....

and the way he forced the FA to back down by refusing to play for England in the World Cup makes me want to throw him off the top of The Angel of the North!

i hate him.....i do.......

Steven said:
alex said:
Teeno said:

As you can see below it is more of a swinging kick,
Well technically it's above but we will let you off! :lol: :roll:

Steven said:
alex said:
Teeno said:

DON'T show it!!!

dammit!!!

i was in Pen1 and if WE could all see what the b*st*rd did from where we were,how the fnuck didn't the lino or Mr.Martin Bodenham??? eh??

it's scary that i remember the ref's name.......... :eek:

DurhamFox said:
Steven said:
alex said:
Teeno said:

Well technically it's above but we will let you off! :lol: :roll:

That got posted before I had finished. :roll: Dirty bastard Shearer. :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt013 :smt013 :smt011 :smt011

and you know the bit which REALLY pi$$ed me off???

the ref gave THEM the free kick...and David bloody Batty ran over and pulled Lenny's legs so he was off the pitch so they could take the free kick quickly!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH :smt012 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469