Best track of the decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
It's official, the NME have completely lost the ****ing plot.
Their top 100 tracks of the last decade has Beyonce at number 1 with 'Crazy in love'.

WTF is that all about?
Beyonce? She ought to be under the sea, not feckin on it.

Why are they even bothering with trying to decide the best track of the decade so soon anyway? We're only 9 years into it, who knows what might be released in 2010?

Oulton Park.

The NME these days is just a ****ing comic and totally unreadable. Mind you its miles better than Kerrang is these days.

Mojo is the only music rag worth bothering with

It's official, the NME have completely lost the ****ing plot.
Their top 100 tracks of the last decade has Beyonce at number 1 with 'Crazy in love'.

WTF is that all about?
Beyonce? She ought to be under the sea, not feckin on it.
Fecking right, everyone knows it's the crazy frog

Why are they even bothering with trying to decide the best track of the decade so soon anyway? We're only 9 years into it, who knows what might be released in 2010?

I saw that somewhere the other day... can someone explain to me why the end of the decade is the end of 2010?

Surely the "first" decade was Year 0-9?

You're in twenties when you turn 20, for 10 years until you turn 30 (ok, not quite the same, but you get my point)

I don't understand...

I saw that somewhere the other day... can someone explain to me why the end of the decade is the end of 2010?

You're in twenties when you turn 20, for 10 years until you turn 30 (ok, not quite the same, but you get my point)

I don't understand...

There wasn't a year zero, so the first decade was years 1-10.

no-one will ever agree on these things, so i don't know why people are surprised when its a track they don't like

It's not the fact that it's a track that I don't like, I don't particularly like any that are in the top 100, it's more to do with it being a bland, throwaway, music-by-numbers, pop dirge that they've voted as best track of the decade that amazes me.

Last edited:

I don't understand...

At 11.59.59 on December 31st 1999 did people celebrate the end of the century? Yes they did, so in turn they were also celebrating the end of the decade.

So it would stand to reason that at 11.59.59 on December 31st 2009 people will also celebrate the end of the decade.

At 11.59.59 on December 31st 1999 did people celebrate the end of the century? Yes they did...

They may have been celebrating, but it definitely wasn't the end of the century. They celebrated a year early.

They may have been celebrating, but it definitely wasn't the end of the century. They celebrated a year early.

Maybe... but that has been the almost universally accepted day for 100's of years.

Last edited:
Maybe... but that has been the almost universally accepted day for 100's of years.

Really??? Universally accepted?
Bollocks, I'm out of step with the universe... again

*edit* Oh wait, apologies, I misunderstood, you meant it's universally accepted that they were celebrating on the wrong day. DOH!

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain Switzerland celebrated a year after everyone else (ie, on the actual turn of the millennium).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566