Best / worst memories of the play offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaby Fox

So what are everyone's best and worst memories of City and the play offs during the 90's ??

Mine would be:-

Best = Gotta be Stevie Claridge's last minute winner against Palace, every Leicester fan there in Wembley went absolutely crazy, felt great to be a City fan that day !! :icon_bigg:038:

Worst = Speedie's dive against us for Blackburn. Not only did we lose to a blatant cheat :018: :icon_evil but it also took us 3 hours to get out of Wembley :bang: !! My first time to Wembley with City as an 11 year old and I just about cried all the way home !!!!

Mine would have to be my first visit with my old man. Against Derby with Walshy playing up front. When he scrambled his second in it was pandemonium, the stand was shaking to the beat of 'We Are Going Up!' and the bloke behind us, who looked as if he'd taken a beating earlier that day, grabbed me and my dad and shouted, through tears, 'This is the first time we've been in front at Wembley!!!'. I didn't know wether to laugh or cry! Brilliant day.

High and low in the same game.
Swindon, our 3rd goal, pure jubilation, only to hit the low with another desputable penalty (but then aren't they all!)

Best memory, celebrating in the pubs of London after Super Stevie Claridge won the game for us against Palace.
Only just managed to catch the last train home......

Best: Super Steve
Worst: Swindon..

Ditto. Was at Wembley for Super Steve, but sat at home in disbelief at the Swindon game. As I've said before Paul Bodin made me cry twice in one year as he also missed a penalty to take Wales to the World Cup :mad:

So what are everyone's best and worst memories of City and the play offs during the 90's ??

Best = Gotta be Stevie Claridge's last minute winner against Palace, every Leicester fan there in Wembley went absolutely crazy, felt great to be a City fan that day !! :icon_bigg:038:

Worst = Speedie's dive against us for Blackburn. Not only did we lose to a blatant cheat :018: :icon_evil but it also took us 3 hours to get out of Wembley :bang: !! My first time to Wembley with City as an 11 year old and I just about cried all the way home !!!!

I agree with the best but would add when we beat the sheep with Walshy's late goal - why? Because it was the sheep and our first ever win at Wembley from what I remember

Worst - well Blackburn was a stinker and a big dissapointment, but probably more disappointed to be cheated out of the Swindon game with a late dodgy peno after a stirring comeback.

I agree with the best but would add when we beat the sheep with Walshy's late goal - why? Because it was the sheep and our first ever win at Wembley from what I remember

Worst - well Blackburn was a stinker and a big dissapointment, but probably more disappointed to be cheated out of the Swindon game with a late dodgy peno after a stirring comeback.

Worst for me has to be the Swindon penalty.

There are many good memories, Derby probably the best but also beating Cambridge 5-0 and getting to Wembley for the first time for years.

Swindon is the worst memory for me too, felt like my insides had been ripped out with that penalty. Best memory for me is Derby, I recall crying when that second goal went in :icon_lol:

Being in the old main stand at Filbert Street beating Cambridge was simply unforgettable.

Also being at the City ground in Nottm watching Joachim score.

happy days!

Swindon is the worst memory for me too, felt like my insides had been ripped out with that penalty. Best memory for me is Derby, I recall crying when that second goal went in :icon_lol:

Bugger I forgot about the Tranmere game at Filbo, I was on the pitch with Birch and The Big "O" :icon_lol:

Very hard question.

Still think now I have now felt how I did as when we put together that amazing comeback with Swindon....then so low.

Derby and Palace...it changes from day to day.

Worst was second leg of semis against Stoke at old Victoria Ground and getting stoned by thuggies walking back to the car.

Or Swindon natch.

Best for me was may 22nd 2010, Leicester City 3-1 Nottm Forest, Fryatt King and Gallagher what absoulute legends!!!! :)

Best for me was may 22nd 2010, Leicester City 3-1 Nottm Forest, Fryatt King and Gallagher what absoulute legends!!!! :)

and the worst when we got battered in the second half and ended up losing, Neilson, McGivern and Brown what absolute scum muck

I agree, even though McGivern was on the bench.

Worst and best.

Never made it to the Derby match. I even had to glass collect that sunny bank holiday in the pub. The manager a scouser let me go home as he said he was sick of me moping around and then finding me in front of the TV. Got home and danced round the living room to walshies second with me dad.

Best: Either the final whistle of the Derby match or scoring three to come back and level the game against Swindon (Steve Thompson - legend)

Worst: Swindon peno (Paul Bodin/David Elleray - *****)

No comment m'laud.

Wouldn't disagree with much that has gone before.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Garry Parker's volley after Heskey had stood the ball up for him at Stoke in 96 (?). Cracking goal that.

Wouldn't disagree with much that has gone before.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Garry Parker's volley after Heskey had stood the ball up for him at Stoke in 96 (?). Cracking goal that.

I hadn't included the semi-finals in my thoughts and yes, Garry Parker's volley was superb. The only problem I had, and still have, with that moment was that I was wearing a brand new cream jacket at the same time as eating a steak and kidney pie. When Parker scored everyone went mental and I felt my pie leave my hands and it wasn't until we calmed down that I realised it was stuck to the front of my new jacket. I was feckin' starving aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669