Best / worst memories of the play offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best moment: That moment at Fratton Park when City fans realised the ref had no idea what the offside law says and sent City to Wembley instead of the Portsmouth side who had finished the season 53 points ahead of us.

Worst moment: After the same game, trying to get back to the car with face intact.

my best memory is this year, smashing Forest 5-0 on aggregate, then seeing Cardiff getting docked ten points, kicked out of the play off, replaced by Blackpool, who make it to Wembley to lose to a last minute shin shot from Fryatt

*ahem*

my best memory is this year, smashing Forest 5-0 on aggregate, then seeing Cardiff getting docked ten points, kicked out of the play off, replaced by Blackpool, who make it to Wembley to lose to a last minute shin shot from Fryatt

*ahem*

Gorgeous. I'll take one of those please.

I hadn't included the semi-finals in my thoughts and yes, Garry Parker's volley was superb. The only problem I had, and still have, with that moment was that I was wearing a brand new cream jacket at the same time as eating a steak and kidney pie. When Parker scored everyone went mental and I felt my pie leave my hands and it wasn't until we calmed down that I realised it was stuck to the front of my new jacket. I was feckin' starving aswell!

Serves you right for wearing a cream jacket!

Best memories - Parkers volley, Walshie's winner, Thompson's equaliser
Worst memories - David Elleray's refereeing, Stoke fans chucking coins down into our pen.

The Derby game was my last before moving stateside...so that's easily the best. I remember tears of relief from no end of people around me.

I can honestly say I've never been as gutted as I was at the end of that Swindon game...

That was the first sporting event to truly hurt my soul.

Last edited:

*ahem*

Instead of last minute shinner from Fryatt how about a last minute own goal by DJ :icon_lol:

Serves you right for wearing a cream jacket!

Best memories - Parkers volley, Walshie's winner, Thompson's equaliser
Worst memories - David Elleray's refereeing, Stoke fans chucking coins down into our pen.

:icon_lol:

My only excuse is that it was in the nineties.

Best goal Julian Joachim V Barnsley in th eFA cup at Oakwell, ran the full length of the pitch and let fly from 30 yards with the outside of his foot and it curled right into the top r/h corner.

Best memories - sorry everyone, Swindon -V- Leicester play off final (excluding the result of course).

Worst for me - being incredibly drunk on that very sunny day against Blackburn and being told to sit down by fellow Leicester fans as I insisted on standing despite my unsteady legs

Best for me - consoling a crying Derby fan at Euston station (don't know why I was there...) in a incredibly insincere way...

Best goal Julian Joachim V Barnsley in th eFA cup at Oakwell, ran the full length of the pitch and let fly from 30 yards with the outside of his foot and it curled right into the top r/h corner.

Best memories - sorry everyone, Swindon -V- Leicester play off final (excluding the result of course).

Freak :icon_lol:

Best -driving back up the M1 after beating the shaggers
Worst-swindon all day long still hurts now .

Freak :icon_lol:

Best -driving back up the M1 after beating the shaggers
Worst-swindon all day long still hurts now .

I was on the train back - decent banter between Sheep and City fans - 'We're going Man U we're going Man U you're not, you're not'.

Funniest was when we sang 'You're going Millwall...'

They replied with 'no we're effing not!' (after the fighting in the semi playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669