Beware Halifax scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spit on your puny generals and tawdry wives of deceased oil executives. But it must be hard when you're down to your last $20 billion and you have to ask strangers for help.
Farkash kept a low profile during the initial period of her marriage to Gaddafi; however, after the release on license of Lockerbie bomber Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi in 2009, she took a more public profile. She organised a party covered by the local media to celebrate the anniversary of the 1969 revolution that brought her husband to power, and in 2010 attended the graduation of female police students.[1]
In 2008, Farkash was elected vice president to the African First Ladies Organization in a meeting of African Union leaders in Sharm al-Sheikh, even though she was not present at the meeting, and has never taken part in activities related to it.[1]
Farkash owns airline Buraq Air, headquartered at Mittiga International Airport. Operated with the approval of her husband, even though it is a rival of the Libyan national carrier, it monopolizes the transfer of Libyan Hajj pilgrims to Mecca.[1]
It is estimated that Farkash’s has an independent wealth of US$30Bn, which includes 20 tons of gold.[1]
Looks like she really needs it.

I'm pleased but a little surprised Christine Lagarde is paying the delivery fee herself. It shows that she really keeps a close eye on what happens at the IMF.

Attention please!!!

We have registered your cheque of US $1.5M with FedEx Express Courier Company with registration code of ( DCJKT00678G). please Contact with your delivery information:

FedEx Office:
Name of Dir: Dr Gary James
E-mail: fedexcompany32@ymail
Tel:+229-985-919-07

I have paid for the Delivery fee the only fee you have to pay is their Security fee only.Please indicate the registration Code for them and call and ask them how much is their Security fee so that you can pay it.

Best Regards,
Christine Lagarde
IMF chief

I'm pleased but a little surprised Christine Lagarde is paying the delivery fee herself. It shows that she really keeps a close eye on what happens at the IMF.

Why are you getting the Trust's club bailout emails?

Anyone know what these below mean added to an website?

cmjt.html

nl/nvzr.html

rbtszrdw.html

My wife 's email (but not herself) sent emails with a message that had a link to a conventional website but with these additional parts added on.

Anyone know what they mean?

I did not click on any of the links as did not want to invite anything nasty on my laptop.

Anyone know what these below mean added to an website?

cmjt.html

nl/nvzr.html

rbtszrdw.html

My wife 's email (but not herself) sent emails with a message that had a link to a conventional website but with these additional parts added on.

Anyone know what they mean?

I did not click on any of the links as did not want to invite anything nasty on my laptop.

They don't "mean" anything, they're just html page names. Clicking on a link to them could lead to anything.

They don't "mean" anything, they're just html page names. Clicking on a link to them could lead to anything.

Thought so that's why I didn't click on any of them.

Luckily my wife's not into email. She only uses Facebook so there were very few email addresses for the scammer to email to. 2 of them were mine and one of the others was an email that had bounced back.
That's now my daughters and wife's Yahoo email accounts that have been breached. From what was said previously many Yahoo accounts have been attacked. Any one else on Yahoo had any problems like this.

I've come across several yahoo accounts that have been hacked ... mine was one of several months ago. Normally through a weak password. A quick Google search will show you that it's a regular occurrence.

My worries are over as I must have been a victim to this imposters due to my unawareness. :icon_wink

International Reconciliation and Logistics Vault
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
COMPENSATIONAL SETTLEMENT OF ESCROW ACCOUNTS.

It is a pleasure to write you that we have reconciled with our logistic department on the reimbursement of some fund spent by you during the cause of your inadequate dealings with some imposters who claim to be staff in banks and other regional payment centers. Our reconciliation teams with the prospectus instrument of the United Nations after freezing suspected imposters account.

This support was fully effective with the help of World Bank after a summit meeting in London, on the financial analysis on financial stability issues fluctuating their economy with the international global standard.

After gathering of this sum, our logistic department gave us a list of customers to be paid who fall victims to this imposters due to unawareness. And mode of payment was as well specified for proper conducts and financial regulations to kick against criminality during process of payment. We have arranged your payment through our swift card centers, which is the latest instruction from International Monetary Fund Reconciliation Office.

The card center will send you an ATM Debit card which you will use to withdraw your money in any ATM Center, Banks and Union Pay Credit outlets in the world, You are hereby selected as an honor for this payment approval, which you are to acknowledge the receipt of this mail in returning the required below to the Logistic Department by email listed below.

Office of Reconciliation and Logistics Vaults,
International Monetary Fund (IMF),
Contact Manager:Alfred Baker
Email: ******@globomail.com

1. Full Name
2. Phone and Fax Number
3. Your age and Current Occupation
4. Contact Address where you want your ATM Card to be delivered to (P.O Box Not Acceptable)

For your information, you have to stop any further communication with any other person (s) or office (s) to avoid any hitches in receiving your payment. Because of Impostors, we hereby issued you our code of conduct, which is (ATM-7750) so you have to indicate this code when contacting the Card Center by using it as your subject.

Kindly be informed that recipients shall be liable to all cost arising for the delivery of the donation parcel. This is due to Legal law protecting all donation funds misappropriation.

Yours in Service,
Mrs Angela Bulk
Admin Chairman
International Reconciliation and Logistics Vaults
International Monetary Fund (IMF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690