biggest bad run in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

following on from somebody laughing at Coventry...I'd like people's suggestions for unlucky (or just cr&p) runs in football

so...

Coventry haven't finished in the top six in any division for 40 years
Newcastle haven't won a major trophy since the Fairs cup in 1969

and I believe there is a song about Man City... 34 years I hear

etc

Leicester have appeared in more FA Cup Finals without winning it than any other club. :icon_sad:

Cardiff have played in the english football league for ages without anyone ****ing them off back to the welsh league where they should be! I think that is bad!!!

Swansea have never won anything.

Except ten Welsh Cups, two FAW Premier Cups, two Football League Trophies, the Division Three South title, the Division Three title, the League One title and nineteen league games against Cardiff.

Except ten Welsh Cups, two FAW Premier Cups, two Football League Trophies, the Division Three South title, the Division Three title, the League One title and nineteen league games against Cardiff.
apart from that........ what have Swansea ever won?

I'm very surprised that nobody has questioned the thread title. Biggest Bad Run?

Cardiff have played in the english football league for ages without anyone ****ing them off back to the welsh league where they should be! I think that is bad!!!
English? Really? Schoolboy error.

I don't understand the Coventry one.... not finished in the top 6 in the last 40 years? But they've been in the Premiership in that time.... so how did they get there?

ps I've just got home from my 2nd 14 hour day in a row at work, so forgive me if I'm just being stupid

I don't understand the Coventry one.... not finished in the top 6 in the last 40 years? But they've been in the Premiership in that time.... so how did they get there?

ps I've just got home from my 2nd 14 hour day in a row at work, so forgive me if I'm just being stupid

Promoted to Division One as champions in 1967. You don't need to finish in the top six to remain there :icon_wink

Promoted to Division One as champions in 1967. You don't need to finish in the top six to remain there :icon_wink

I did say I might be being stupid ;) To be honest, I'm suprised that Cov had been in the top division all that time... thought they had dropped in and out a lot.

I did say I might be being stupid ;) To be honest, I'm suprised that Cov had been in the top division all that time... thought they had dropped in and out a lot.

Really? Even though every year they'd hover annoyingly just above the relegation zone and all the media twats would go on and on about the fact that only Liverpool and Everton had been in the top division longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566