Bill Is Barking

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairbanksh

New Member
Bill Anderson seriously makes me laugh
Recent article that MA is getting the right blend reminds me of one of his in the start of the second Taylor season .
After a calamitous end to the season the (voice of football!) confidently stated that Peter taylor would get City into a European place that season.
What planet and which team does he watch?
 
Bill Anderson is laughable. Ignore his journalism as it is basically written by the club and then jumbled up in his own words. Its propaganda.
 
fairbanksh said:
Bill Anderson seriously makes me laugh
Recent article that MA is getting the right blend reminds me of one of his in the start of the second Taylor season .
After a calamitous end to the season the (voice of football!) confidently stated that Peter taylor would get City into a European place that season.
What planet and which team does he watch?

So did thousdands of other people. Some people can see the wood for the tress at themoment (not that I like to mention trees)

You forget that Leicester had established them selfs as a force the seaon before Occupiying for about 2-3 wekks top spot in the Premier Leauge!!

God sake man think before you write - the amount of crap on this site today!! :twisted:
 
Fox Fan said:
fairbanksh said:
Bill Anderson seriously makes me laugh
Recent article that MA is getting the right blend reminds me of one of his in the start of the second Taylor season .
After a calamitous end to the season the (voice of football!) confidently stated that Peter taylor would get City into a European place that season.
What planet and which team does he watch?

So did thousdands of other people. Some people can see the wood for the tress at themoment (not that I like to mention trees)

You forget that Leicester had established them selfs as a force the seaon before Occupiying for about 2-3 wekks top spot in the Premier Leauge!!

God sake man think before you write - the amount of crap on this site today!! :twisted:

Fox Fan, you make me laugh :lol: , did you REALLY think that PT would carry on were MON left off and keep improving us so that we would command a constant top 6 finish after seeing the players he was signing :lol: :lol: :lol:
We were top with MON's team, we were playing crap, but managing to pick up the points on pure momentum from MON days :roll: , and that 'established force' as you put it had a dreadful season from xmas and if it was'nt for the good start we would have been releagated THAT season!!!
I must admit I did not think it would get as bad as it did, PT and that board have alot to answer for :twisted: :twisted:
 
Bill Anderson?... how fvcking old is he? he seems to have been around for ages,isn't it about time he let somebody else have a go.
 
highland fox said:
Bill Anderson?... how fvcking old is he? he seems to have been around for ages,isn't it about time he let somebody else have a go.

I'll have a go, I'm much better.
 
highland fox said:
Bill Anderson?... how fvcking old is he? he seems to have been around for ages,isn't it about time he let somebody else have a go.

He's certainly been around since the Jock Wallace era.

He belongs to that cosy school of local press journalists who recognises that any meaningful criticism could lead to the withdrawal of his privileges by the club. e.g.years ago Man U stamped on a local press man who dared to criticise. Anyone who replaced Anderson & wrote anything like the reality would be kicked out very quickly.
 
When we were top of the Premeirship no one person said that we (at that time) were not worthy of a top 6 place. people always think they are better than they rae (just look at the sqaud now) what im saying is that I know a lot of people belived we would have a better season, we all know teams got hrough 'bad patches'.
 
yes, fox fan is right here. i didn't think we'd get relegated before the start of that season.

i lost all faith in PT after going to the newcastle away 1-0 defeat. i couldn't believe my eyes as Junior Lewis proceeded to play most of the 2nd half at left-wing back after playing the 1st half at centre-back.

at that time, i certainly had no idea just how much we were paying the players who signed new contracts, though i'd found out pretty soon after we signed Jones that Leeds would have been willing to take 750K for him and were amazed when we offered 3mil.

SamJ
 
SamuearlJackson said:
yes, fox fan is right here. i didn't think we'd get relegated before the start of that season.

i lost all faith in PT after going to the newcastle away 1-0 defeat. i couldn't believe my eyes as Junior Lewis proceeded to play most of the 2nd half at left-wing back after playing the 1st half at centre-back.

at that time, i certainly had no idea just how much we were paying the players who signed new contracts, though i'd found out pretty soon after we signed Jones that Leeds would have been willing to take 750K for him and were amazed when we offered 3mil.

SamJ

agree at that time we were the mini-leeds, we were offering mancini 40k a week! and then taylor kept him on the bench!
 
SamuearlJackson said:
yes, fox fan is right here. i didn't think we'd get relegated before the start of that season.

i lost all faith in PT after going to the newcastle away 1-0 defeat. i couldn't believe my eyes as Junior Lewis proceeded to play most of the 2nd half at left-wing back after playing the 1st half at centre-back.

at that time, i certainly had no idea just how much we were paying the players who signed new contracts, though i'd found out pretty soon after we signed Jones that Leeds would have been willing to take 750K for him and were amazed when we offered 3mil.

SamJ

You are right neither did I for PT's first season, but Fox Fan was talking about the summer after, in his first season when we were top I could not belive we were there because we looked crap, the season then went down hill drastically only picking up a few points after xmas and the team in a complete shambles.
As I have posted before, in that summer a decision was made that was the beginning of the end, PT was offered the under 21 job and he said to Elsom 'if you want me to stay sign Dennis Wise' the rest as they say is history :cry:
 
Fox Fan said:
When we were top of the Premeirship no one person said that we (at that time) were not worthy of a top 6 place. people always think they are better than they rae (just look at the sqaud now) what im saying is that I know a lot of people belived we would have a better season, we all know teams got hrough 'bad patches'.

I was one of the fans that gathered at the back of the stand after the Villa away game in Taylors first season, we were calling for his head even then. I could see what he was doing to the club, not many did. The amount of abuse I received for being part of that protest was unbelievable. I was also one of the 10 that gathered outside the Carling stand after Taylor spent £8M in the summer then we were thumped 5-0 in our first game.

Lets not be to hard on Micky, I don't think we can apply the saying 'results are everything' to our club at the moment.
 
Bobby Smith said:
Fox Fan said:
When we were top of the Premeirship no one person said that we (at that time) were not worthy of a top 6 place. people always think they are better than they rae (just look at the sqaud now) what im saying is that I know a lot of people belived we would have a better season, we all know teams got hrough 'bad patches'.

I was one of the fans that gathered at the back of the stand after the Villa away game in Taylors first season, we were calling for his head even then. I could see what he was doing to the club, not many did. The amount of abuse I received for being part of that protest was unbelievable. I was also one of the 10 that gathered outside the Carling stand after Taylor spent £8M in the summer then we were thumped 5-0 in our first game.

Lets not be to hard on Micky, I don't think we can apply the saying 'results are everything' to our club at the moment.

I went down the pub and got drunk after the 5-0 drubbing. :? :? :(
 
Fox Fan said:
When we were top of the Premeirship no one person said that we (at that time) were not worthy of a top 6 place. people always think they are better than they rae (just look at the sqaud now) what im saying is that I know a lot of people belived we would have a better season, we all know teams got hrough 'bad patches'.

ok its easy with hindsight but even when we topped the league i wasnt happy you just knew the wheels were going to come off and i said from day one we were going to slide to failure and we did !!!!!and i have a sheff wed fan here at work who will testify to that
 
lazzer said:
Fox Fan said:
When we were top of the Premeirship no one person said that we (at that time) were not worthy of a top 6 place. people always think they are better than they rae (just look at the sqaud now) what im saying is that I know a lot of people belived we would have a better season, we all know teams got hrough 'bad patches'.

ok its easy with hindsight but even when we topped the league i wasnt happy you just knew the wheels were going to come off and i said from day one we were going to slide to failure and we did !!!!!and i have a sheff wed fan here at work who will testify to that

Everyone knew we were in a false position, but at the same time I was thinking we could become a top 6/7 force.

I remember after we just went top of the leauge and I was in the car listening to radio Leicester back when they had a phone in after the matches, some asian guy phoned up and said "I think we should keep Taylor till end of season, then Sack" which was followed by a huge outburst of laughter from Nev and just about every other fan listening, but oh how right he was!!
 
Fox Fan said:
lazzer said:
Fox Fan said:
When we were top of the Premeirship no one person said that we (at that time) were not worthy of a top 6 place. people always think they are better than they rae (just look at the sqaud now) what im saying is that I know a lot of people belived we would have a better season, we all know teams got hrough 'bad patches'.

ok its easy with hindsight but even when we topped the league i wasnt happy you just knew the wheels were going to come off and i said from day one we were going to slide to failure and we did !!!!!and i have a sheff wed fan here at work who will testify to that

Everyone knew we were in a false position, but at the same time I was thinking we could become a top 6/7 force.

I remember after we just went top of the leauge and I was in the car listening to radio Leicester back when they had a phone in after the matches, some asian guy phoned up and said "I think we should keep Taylor till end of season, then Sack" which was followed by a huge outburst of laughter from Nev and just about every other fan listening, but oh how right he was!!

yeah probably was forward looking, and saw how crap taylor was at signing the right players.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663
11Bristol City4662
12Cardiff City4662
13Millwall4659
14Swansea City4657
15Watford4656
16Sunderland4656
17Stoke City4656
18QPR4656
19Blackburn 4653
20Sheffield W4653
21Plymouth 4651
22Birmingham4650
23Huddersfield4645
24Rotherham Utd4627
Top