Speculation Billy Davies née Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

Not sure if that speculation tag is typed in correctly, but anyway...

The Mercury has us down as bidding in excess of 3 million for Billy Sharp, seeing as it's in the Mockery it's probably under doubt, but regardless...

A little inflated in the sum but I think he could probably do a job. Thing is, is he the type of player that'll bring the best out of his strike partner?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....id-Doncaster/story-14259501-detail/story.html

Re: Speculation Billy Davies

So what's that got to do with Billy Davies CF?

but the sad thing is i saw the thread title and wasn't surprised.:102:

[Devil's Advocate]He certainly offers something none of our other strikers do: a proven prolific goalscoring record above League One level.[/Devil's Advocate]

Last edited:

Above League 1? He spent the majority of his career in Scotland.....;)

We are NOT in a position to snub our noses at the potential new signing of a 3 million pound striker. If we were in the top two, maybe, but we are far from that level of comfort.

At least the club haven't given up on trying to get us in the lay-offs this year and for that we should be truly thankful.

Sharp is one of the hottest strikers in our division at the moment, so he'd be much better to have on the payroll than Kris Boyd for example

As long as they have enough cash left to strengthen the midfield / wide positions, "welcome to LCFC Billy Sharpe" :038:

I'd definitely be happy with him signing, but then I was happy when we signed Collins John, so...

It'd be difficult for anybody to turn their nose up at him. Pearson's already identified that we're severely lacking out wide too, so get a couple of wingers in and we may be a little happier this time in May.

My only concern would be the fact he was a flop at Sheffield United- they were his home town club, he arrived with a lot of pressure on him and they were seen as real promotion contenders at the time. I just fear he is someone who excels as a big fish in a small pond, but can't handle it when too much is expected of him, which inevitably will be here.

Personally I'd much rather see us sign a creative midfielder and left winger, as I still think Nugent and Beckford will bag plenty given the right service.

My only concern would be the fact he was a flop at Sheffield United- they were his home town club, he arrived with a lot of pressure on him and they were seen as real promotion contenders at the time. I just fear he is someone who excels as a big fish in a small pond, but can't handle it when too much is expected of him, which inevitably will be here.

Personally I'd much rather see us sign a creative midfielder and left winger, as I still think Nugent and Beckford will bag plenty given the right service.

In his defence, he was only 20/21 (I think?) when he signed for Sheff Utd. He's now older and had more experience.

I'd be happy with the signing personally, think it's a good move.

I do also agree that Beckford and Nugent would be good enough with better service though. I'm still hoping for Kebe to come in.

We are NOT in a position to snub our noses at the potential new signing of a 3 million pound striker. If we were in the top two, maybe, but we are far from that level of comfort.

At least the club haven't given up on trying to get us in the lay-offs this year and for that we should be truly thankful.

Sharp is one of the hottest strikers in our division at the moment, so he'd be much better to have on the payroll than Kris Boyd for example

As long as they have enough cash left to strengthen the midfield / wide positions, "welcome to LCFC Billy Sharpe" :038:

Good point, well made....however I'm gonna 'whoosh' you here. My post was alluding to the fact I mistakenly named Billy Davies as the one to be signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669