Billy Kee(n) to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite Fox

So is this if true.................

Kee chase on
Clubs look to land Leicester starlet
By Graeme Bailey Last updated: 8th May 2009

A number of League One and Two clubs are chasing Leicester City's promising young striker Billy Kee, skysports.com understands.

Kee, who has scored an incredible 44 goals in 42 games for Leicester's successful Academy team over the past two seasons, has rejected the club's offer for professional terms.

Kee, the Northern Ireland under 19 captain, has attracted interest from clubs including Exeter, Wycombe, Bradford, Millwall and Bournemouth after his goalscoring exploits.

"I am gutted about having to leave my hometown club" said Kee.

"But I need to play first team football and I think that being a local lad coming through the academy doesn't help you sometimes."

Kee's agent, Dean Sheehan of the Endgame Group, told skysports.com: "I have spoken to Billy and his family at length and this is their decision. Billy is incredibly focussed and an extremely talented young striker.

"Although he is young, he will do an excellent job next season as he already has the physical attributes that a lot of young players lack at his age. His goal scoring record at Leicester is unbelievable.

"There are a number of clubs interested in him but money is tight at the moment and compensation needs to be affordable."

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy Kee to leave

According to Skysports.com he has rejected a contract. :icon_conf

Re: Billy Kee to leave

attracted interest from clubs including Exeter, Wycombe, Bradford, Millwall and Bournemouth

Ooh, his cup runneth over

Interesting. I'll ask my Dad if he's heard ought off his brother. Mentioned they had recently got him an agent etc. Generally, an arrogant family all round.

The compensation will be a big factor for those teams and he's turned him back on Beaglehole whose been like a mentor.

Why not just take the contract and get loaned out. Probably agent talk.

Last edited:

Interesting. I'll ask my Dad if he's heard ought off his brother. Mentioned they had recently got him an agent etc. Generally, an arrogant family all round.

The compensation will be a big factor for those teams and he's turned him back on Beaglehole whose been like a mentor.

Why not just take the contract and get loaned out. Probably agent talk.

Not many of those teams will be able to afford the 200k+ compensation we would expect for him, so he may have shot his load early here IMO.

He's well ugly I say get rid.

Its been said before but surely a season long loan would suit all parties (IMO we have never released a player who has returned to haunt us but there will be a first)

Its been said before but surely a season long loan would suit all parties (IMO we have never released a player who has returned to haunt us but there will be a first)

He could be the next Tommy Wright the 2nd. He could be good one day.

Wouldn't it be nice if agents actually put the best interests of their players and clients first!

is this one of those 'we offer a risible contract but we don't want him, we only do it to get compensation' malarkies?

is this one of those 'we offer a risible contract but we don't want him, we only do it to get compensation' malarkies?

I doubt it. It looks more like someone confusing Academy form with League form. :icon_wink

Sounds like he's getting some awful advice from the agent, who will take a cut when he moves rather than wait a couple of years for him to break through. The clubs mentioned do not suggest that a move from City will do his career any good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669