Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he do the job for nothing until the late 90s anyway? I seem to recall that he only went onto the payroll when the wonga was flowing around the time we floated on the stock exchange.

I won't miss the half time nonsense at all. It's usually repetitive and cringeworthy.

As an 'ambassador' he does a tremendous job behind the scenes with fans/charities and this is important and worthwhile stuff. However, does this really justify a full time salary? Probably not. He seems to spend quite a bit of his time dicking around with the players at the training ground, getting exercised and fed for nothing.

I support the club offering him a match day consultancy type role. If he wants to throw his toys out the pram, that's his perogative. But it's probably misguided on his part and he'll live to regret it.

The whole retirement age thing is a load of old tosh. If Hoos wants to get rid of him, at least be honest about it and say so.

Gawd knows how dear old Jack Curtis would have got on with all this. Wasn't he working at the club until he was about 90?

They haven't thought this through at all

How will we now know when the teams are in the tunnel ?

Can't believe people are that bothered about Birck leaving, hes a nice bloke and all that but I'm usually down at the concourse at half time anyway.

Can't believe people are that bothered about Birck leaving, hes a nice bloke and all that but I'm usually down at the concourse at half time anyway.

You're not one of those who leaves five minutes before the end of the first half and get back five minutes after the start of the second.:018:

It's all so obvious now you say that. Forget all the work he does for the club for his relatively small wage. Harbs is more interested in pies than half time entertainment. Bin him off.

It's all so obvious now you say that. Forget all the work he does for the club for his relatively small wage. Harbs is more interested in pies than half time entertainment. Bin him off.

I wouldn't call £30,000pa a relatively small wage.

This is all a red herring about 65 and precedent. I am sure this is something about getting rid of Birch. Maybe he has been critical of management and Hoos has just offered him a package he will find unacceptable.

He does a huge amount behind the scenes in running presentation meetings etc.

What about that nice old guy who works the line in the ticket office and the caravan? He must be more than 65.

Compare it to DJ's.

Compare it to the other non-playing staff at the club. People were saying on here the other day how good a job that Jim does for the ticket office/fans. I bet he earns nowhere near £20k, let alone 30.

Compare it to the other non-playing staff at the club. People were saying on here the other day how good a job that Jim does for the ticket office/fans. I bet he earns nowhere near £20k, let alone 30.

I bet Robbie Neilson earns more.

:icon_bigg

Whether the Birch should ever have been employed at £30k (if this is an accurate figure), is open to question. The fact that he has, for many years, been an excellent ambassador for the club and hard working behind the scenes too, means that this decision leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Thanks Birch, the club will be less without you.

Could be very cringeworthy at times but his heart was in the right place
its a pity our present regime dont recognise this, as it would help them,
instead of trying to be consumer friendly, and failing dismally at it.

Whether the Birch should ever have been employed at £30k (if this is an accurate figure), is open to question. The fact that he has, for many years, been an excellent ambassador for the club and hard working behind the scenes too, means that this decision leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Thanks Birch, the club will be less without you.

Why does it? We can't afford to hang onto people for nostalgic reasons. How long should we let him stay? When he is 80 and drawing a wage despite pissing himself everywhere, should we still hang on to him?

The law states that someone has to retire at 65 unless both parties reach an agreement. I imagine (though I haven't a ****ing clue if I'm honest) that the agreement presented was for him to carry on for free, which he didn't want (and why would he)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669