Pre Match Birmingham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ndidi had money in the bank. We already knew there was a great player in there and it had all gone to shit under Rogers. I never criticised Vestergaard like many others did. I said on numerous occasions he was a good player in the wrong system. Again, he had money in the bank after some excellent performances for Southampton. The situations are completely incomparable. A much better comparison would be with Iheanacho. The number of false dawns we've seen with him is staggering and yet people are still desperate to believe there is a great player in there everytime he so much as makes one decent pass in a game; there isn't.

Daka has had three years. He's been ****ing useless for nearly all of them. It's got nothing to do with 'giving him a chance'. If he gets a lot better and proves he can do a job then great, if he continues to be useless or hugely inconsistent then I'll continue to criticise him.
Of course a much better comparison would be Iheanacho because it fits your narrative.

When picking a team for the Birmingham game, I don’t give a shit was a player has done over the last three years. In the last two games he has scored two goals and contributed to two wins. Based on that he stays in the team for me.

Daka plays, it really is that simple. With Cannon getting the sub striker spot

The other pair have had a bucketload of opportunities and have both been totally ****ing awful - Daka deserves the same game time, and Cannon deserves a shot as backup

They both may prove to be equally ****ing awful, but that’s to be seen - for now Daka has scored two in two, so of course he ****ing plays. Would be complete wibble to drop him now

Daka hasn't had a clear run at being our main striker. That's what a lot of us would like to see.

Rodgers ripped his confidence to shreds in his first season with us. The way he treated him was appalling. The striker we signed was very quick and a confident first time finisher. As Rodgers kept him out of the side or publically criticised him, his first time shooting stopped and the runs became more basic.

Daka's record with Saltzburg and Zambia is one goal in two. He's scored 9 goals in 8 international appearances in 2023. That does suggest that there is a player there worth giving a proper chance.

Last season he was told he wasn't needed and we touted him around Europe without anyone agreeing to our loan or permanent transfer terms. Again, Rodgers treated him like a leper.

He was again told this summer that he wasn't wanted and we tried to get rid. He had a loan deal to Bournemouth collapse last minute of the transfer window. It's a wonder his brain is still functioning and yet his attitude has reportedly been outstanding. It was really notable how the players reacted to his goal against Plymouth. They were all thrilled for him.

Daka has started 40 games for us and scored 17 goals. He's been used as a substitute way too often - 38 times. Oh, and he's not been here three years, this is his third season and, for him, it has only just begun.

You often criticise Iheanacho for the same thing you do Daka - he misses chances. Well that's what strikers do. Every striker misses more chances than they score. If we give him a run of starts and support him then we might finally get to see him believe he can be the striker for City he wants to be.
And you could copy and paste most of that, replacing the word Daka with the word Iheanacho.

He'd still be useless.

Of course strikers miss chances. Its how many they miss and which ones they miss that we should judge. He misses too many and too many simple ones at that.

Of course a much better comparison would be Iheanacho because it fits your narrative.

When picking a team for the Birmingham game, I don’t give a shit was a player has done over the last three years. In the last two games he has scored two goals and contributed to two wins. Based on that he stays in the team for me.
No, it's a better comparison because it compares in a better way. I mean, I don't know how the bollock else to explain it. I'm comparing two apples, you're comparing an apple and Rishi Sunak's tiny Gucci shoes (and badly).

Once again, you completely miss the point. I'm not picking a team based on the last 3 years of drivel. I'm picking a team based on what I've seen in the last two games. Like I say, Daka looked woeful against Milwall despite scoring off his thigh. With a talented forward, we'd have been at least one goal possibly two better off.

Anyway, Daka will play so it's all academic. We'll see if he can do what we brought him for. If he can, great but he's absolutely not the answer for us as a club wanting to win games at a higher level. We may need to invest in a forward or two. That's why I'd like to see Cannon start, to gauge what he can do. He absolutely could not be as bad as Daka was, especially in that first half, against Milwall.

He's scored 9 goals in 8 international appearances in 2023
He scored against;

Niger
The Congo
Uganda
Ivory Coast

He failed to score against;

Lesotho
Kuwait
Egypt
Malawi

I mean, if you're going to use his international record as an arbiter for quality, perhaps quantifying it a little better would help. His Salzburg record was undoubtably excellent... In the Austrian league.... Not known for its quality.

His record since joining us is crap, whichever way you try and swing it.

For a final time, I would LOVE for him to come good and start scoring goals. I don't have any problem with him starting on Monday although personally l'd prefer Cannon over him. None of that changes how poor he has been or was against Milwall, especially his two ****ing slapstick dives.

****ing hell, have we got a load of new Zambian members who have joined of late?

Last edited:
He scored against;

Niger
The Congo
Uganda
Ivory Coast

He failed to score against;

Lesotho
Kuwait
Egypt
Malawi

I mean, if your going to use his international record as an arbiter for quality, perhaps quantifying it a little better would help. His Salzburg record was undoubtably excellent... In the Austrian league.... Not known for its quality.

His record since joining us is crap, whichever way you try and swing it.

For a final time, I would LOVE for him to come good and start scoring goals. I don't have any problem with him starting on Monday although personally l'd prefer Cannon over him. None of that changes how poor he has been or was against Milwall, especially his two ****ing slapstick dives.

****ing hell, have we got a load of new Zambian members who have joined of late?
“You’re”

First name on the teamsheet..... that's what you said. Come on now, if you're going to suggest I am being hyperbolic in my response then let's equal the stakes.
Right now he’s the player, outside of Mads and possibly Winks that I think is a no brainer to start on Monday.

Right now he’s the player, outside of Mads and possibly Winks that I think is a no brainer to start on Monday.
Even having seen what happens when we don't play Ndidi or Faes? Even more than we need Fatawu?

Okay.

No, it's a better comparison because it compares in a better way. I mean, I don't know how the bollock else to explain it. I'm comparing two apples, you're comparing an apple and Rishi Sunak's tiny Gucci shoes (and badly).
Did I compare something?

Did I compare something?
Are you having a stroke?

You may not have directly, but you're jumping on the back of a post that did and commenting on the..... comparison.

Seriously, put the bottle down, you've had more than enough.

Are you having a stroke?

You may not have directly, but you're jumping on the back of a post that did and commenting on the..... comparison.

Seriously, put the bottle down, you've had more than enough.
I did once have a mini stroke. But that was 10 years ago and thankfully it’s in the dim and distant.

No, I wasn’t comparing apples to shoes or Daka to Vestegaard. I was simply noting how you mentioned different comparisons and to suit your narrative said one was much better than the other.

Anyhoo, you’re ****kng mad to think that Daka shouldn’t play against Birmingham. Now let’s all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363