Blackberry Bold 9700

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Anyone have one? I think it's about time I upgraded my phone (I currently still have a Motorola V3X which has lasted me a good few years... I am also in need of a new mp3 player and I thought it might be wise just to be a really good phone that I can also use as an mp3 player (i.e. buy a larger 8gb memory card for it)

I'd just be interested to hear what people think of this phone and whether it is worth the expensive price. I'm thinking of getting it without a sim from play.com and then just using my current sim card on 3 pay as you go.

Does the phone have a socket where you can plug in a pair of mp3 earphones? How much can I expect to pay to access the internet with this? (Use facebook etc etc)

Cheers!

Exactly the same as it does with your current phone

Won't it have a constant internet connection to allow for the e-mail facility?

Won't it have a constant internet connection to allow for the e-mail facility?

The charging plan for the email feed works in a different way. With my BB I have to pay a separate amount for BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) which is the bit that deals with email.

Has the BB you are after got WiFi built in?

The charging plan for the email feed works in a different way. With my BB I have to pay a separate amount for BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) which is the bit that deals with email.

Has the BB you are after got WiFi built in?

I think so yes.

This is obviously an opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with it...BUT...

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point of people who have Blackberry's for any use other than their job? These phones are not cheap, they don't have great features or usability and they're as ugly as Robbie Neilson.

Not to mention that almost any phone over a £100 these days have an e-mail facility - imo the only defining feature of a Blackberry phone.

This is obviously an opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with it...BUT...

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point of people who have Blackberry's for any use other than their job? These phones are not cheap, they don't have great features or usability and they're as ugly as Robbie Neilson.

Not to mention that almost any phone over a £100 these days have an e-mail facility - imo the only defining feature of a Blackberry phone.

Mine *is* for business use, but, it was free on a £30 per month contract which gives me 800 minutes, 200 texts, unlimited internet* and unlimited BIS (Blackberry email).

I could easily spend that sort of money or more if I was funding a different phone myself.

(* subject to fair use terms)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472