Pre Match Blackpool (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope City look more comfortable than Chris Powell in that suit.

Last edited:
That was Swansea with one in Cup and one on opening day.

Blackpool was 2-1 at home thanks to Fryatt and 3-2 away, where we were 3-1 up.

The 09/10 season recorded two 2-1 wins in the league. The first game at home Matty Fryatt scored a brace and the second game away from home Dany N'Guessan scored just after the 15 min mark and Lloyd Dyer scored with 10 mins to go. Dobbie got a consellation goal for Blackpool in the 89th min

Same. Did the double over them in the season and finished 5 or 6 points ahead of them in the regular season too.

Of course, it doesn't matter either way at any rate, seeing as we never got there.

Yep, 6 points ahead of them. At one stage in the season we were 13 points ahead of them but a string of 4 losses on the bounce made us have to make up the ground in the last 4 games out of 5 of the season. We were within 3 goals of 4th place as well

Last edited:
You sure? I thought someone said it was 3-2.

From Blackpool's own site
A late strike from Stephen Dobbie proved scant consolation as the Seasiders were beaten 2-1 by Leicester City at Bloomfield Road.

In a game that the team didn't really deserve to lose, it was Leicester who raced into a two-goal lead thanks to Dany N'Guessan and Lloyd Dyer, but Stephen Dobbie's 89th minute effort set up a tense finish at Bloomfield Road.

Sorry to go all prudish on you, but with the Speed death still fresh in the mind that comment seems a bit crass.

At first I thought you were being tongue-in-cheek with this remark but your later posts seem to suggest you were being serious.

"Life won't be worth living" is a simple figure of speech and it takes a huge leap to connect it in any way with Gary Speed's sad demise. Would you also suggest that we should should stop referring to somebody "being led down a blind alley" on account of the number of Cocker Spaniels that lose their sight or put a ban on people "having butterflies in their stomach" because we are losing too many of them to the over-spraying of unnecessary insecticides?

English would be a poorer language without the use of metaphor and unless such are used deliberately to cause upset or offence, I would encourage their use.

At first I thought you were being tongue-in-cheek with this remark but your later posts seem to suggest you were being serious.

"Life won't be worth living" is a simple figure of speech and it takes a huge leap to connect it in any way with Gary Speed's sad demise. Would you also suggest that we should should stop referring to somebody "being led down a blind alley" on account of the number of Cocker Spaniels that lose their sight or put a ban on people "having butterflies in their stomach" because we are losing too many of them to the over-spraying of unnecessary insecticides?

English would be a poorer language without the use of metaphor and unless such are used deliberately to cause upset or offence, I would encourage their use.

I was going to suggest something similie.

"Life won't be worth living" is a simple figure of speech and it takes a huge leap to connect it in any way with Gary Speed's sad demise.

A huge leap? Really?

The poor man obviously felt his life wasn't worth living. Can you see the slight connection yet?

I know it wasn't INTENDED to be connected to Gary Speed and I know that it is a general figure of speech, but being said the day after, well, it wouldn't exactly need a rocket scientist to be at least reminded of Gary Speed when reading those words.

I only made a comment. I think you are reading to much into my faux 'objection' Boc :icon_bigg

A huge leap? Really?

The poor man obviously felt his life wasn't worth living. Can you see the slight connection yet?

I know it wasn't INTENDED to be connected to Gary Speed and I know that it is a general figure of speech, but being said the day after, well, it wouldn't exactly need a rocket scientist to be at least reminded of Gary Speed when reading those words.

I only made a comment. I think you are reading to much into my faux 'objection' Boc :icon_bigg

I don't even think it's a crass comment to make anyway, people die every day, people kill themselves every day - that's life unfortunately. It's a tragedy when anyone dies, but if we were to acknowledge that fact we'd spend the rest of our lives constantly walking on egg shells.

This isn't aimed at you, but I've seen comments far more crass on this forum about dead servicemen and in the death list thread. I suppose because those people aren't well-liked football managers it doesn't really matter what you say about them.

I don't even think it's a crass comment to make anyway.....

Possibly not. I only wrote what I did because of the Gary Speed incident still being fresh in my mind.

Anyway, it was a discussion point :icon_bigg

Someone said yesterday on This Morning I think........... "well xxxxxxxx can you get us up to speed on the latest in XFactor or I'm A Celeb", cant remember which, and then had to correct himself that he should have said something else instead because of the words used.
I think that you should still use the same language you usually use as of course you are not being disrespectful for using it unless of course you are using it because you think it is "clever".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670