Blackpool match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

Game kicks off at 7.45, this should be a comfortable home win, but we should not be too complacent, this team nearly beat us last year in the fa cup.

We have a lack of attacking players this match. Hughes and Williams are both out, and hume, who can play up front or in midfield, is cup tied after playing half an hour for tranmerre.

Dublin is also out, so we may be seeing a few youth players either on the pitch or on the bench

looking forward to this match, hopefully the start of another great cup run!

just dont slip up leicester! :038: :038: :038:

p.s
anyone wanting the link to the commentary, sorry, no can do, as I do not have it, and you wont be able to get it from me by msn or email... [email protected] ;) :icon_lol: ;) :icon_lol: :icon_cool :icon_cool

webmaster said:
I'm tempted to stay at home and listen on the radio.

But I know my addiction will get the better of me and I'll end up going.

Same here, same here....

DurhamFox said:
Same here, same here....

I'd have been there if my mother (who I stay with on midweek match nights) hadn't gone to see my sister :( Not worth a 100 mile round trip this time for me...

TommyK said:
any team news?

I have officials news though by now the team must have been handed into the ref.

Code:
Leicester City v Blackpool

Referee: Clive Penton (Sussex)

Assistant Referees: Stephen Cooke (Nottinghamshire) and Gary Mellor (Yorkshire)

Fourth Official: Guy Stretton (Leicestershire)

i bet cooke is a trees fan.;) One dodgy off-side decision coming up!

Steven said:
I have officials news though by now the team must have been handed into the ref.

Code:
Leicester City v Blackpool

Referee: Clive Penton (Sussex)

Assistant Referees: Stephen Cooke (Nottinghamshire) and Gary Mellor (Yorkshire)

Fourth Official: Guy Stretton (Leicestershire)

Check out the forth offical! From Leicestershire! lets get 12 men on the pitch.. :)

TommyK said:
Check out the forth offical! From Leicestershire! lets get 12 men on the pitch.. :)
think he is from Hinckley. If he is the guy im thinking of he is my sisters neighbour.

Well fooook me. He has put Chambo on the bench. :icon_eek: :eek: ;)

OS said:
Four Changes For Foxes

Craig Levein makes four changes to his starting line up for the Carling Cup second round clash against Blackpool at the Walkers Stadium.

In come Paul Henderson, Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan (pictured) and Elvis Hammond for Rab Douglas, Alan Maybury, Dion Dublin and Stephen Hughes.

Hughes drops to the bench, while Dublin misses the match with an Achilles injury.

City are expected to line up in a 4-4-2 formation, with Stearman, Paddy McCarthy, Nils-Eric Johansson and Sheehan making up the defence. Momo Sylla, Joey Gudjonsson, Patrick Kisnobo and Joe Hamill play across the middle, with Hammond partnering Mark de Vries in attack.

Youngsters Ashley Chambers has been named on the bench alongside Alan Maybury, Conrad Logan, Jason Wilcox and Hughes. Chambers (15) has represented England at under 17 level and has been a regular for the Leicester reserve side since last March. The striker was on the scoresheet in City's 2-0 second string victory over Watford last week. He has been handed the number 34 shirt.

De Vries is named as captain in the absence of Maybury, Dublin and Danny Tiatto.

Blackpool include former Fox Simon Grayson in their starting line up. Tommy Wright, who is on loan with the Tangerines from Leicester, has not been given permission to play in the time.

City: Henderson, Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Sheehan, Sylla, Gudjonsson, Kisnorbo, Hamill, de Vries (c), Hammond.
Subs: Logan, Hughes, Wilcox, Chambers, Maybury.

Xantha said:
Guess he rates the kid then..

More than Graham (he might be unfit at the moment) and Dodds. ;)

Steven said:
More than Graham (he might be unfit at the moment) and Dodds. ;)

I think they are both injured and that Chambo will not play unless there is a crisis. ;)

If we get to 3/4-0 up then I say let Chambo get his shot!

What a great feeling that must be though! Being on the bench for your favourite team at 15!! Christ

Brilliant, imagine chambers coming on and scoring the winner for us!!!!

a very defensive centeral midfield as expected, due to injuries

im very upbeat now, mainly due to chambo inclusion in the squad, well done CL

come on city :038: :038: :038: :038:

I would imagine they are all as happy as pigs in shite over on Foxestalk with the news of Chambers.

highland fox said:
I would imagine they are all as happy as pigs in shite over on Foxestalk with the news of Chambers.

We should be as well. Besides one of our number knows the family. :) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :023:

Steven said:
We should be as well. Besides one of our number knows the family. :) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :023:

Sorry Steven but I don't share in the mass hysteria.Good luck to him and all that though.

highland fox said:
Sorry Steven but I don't share in the mass hysteria.Good luck to him and all that though.

Personally I'm excited about the fact that Chambers is on the bench. He's gone into the U17s for England and done well, doing brilliantly for both the academy and reserves, and now is seen as good enough for the bench (admittedly only due to injuries), and he's still only 15! I think that's great personally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669