Blackpool thugs who are supposed to be stewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox jnr

After attending the Blackpool on Saturday I am disgusted at the behaviour of so called stewards at the game who were throwing Leicester fans out of the ground for what seemed every 5mins for doing absolutely nothing - those tossers will cause a riot before not too long - one of the stewards I would have gladly swung for - smug bastard - I'm so incensed that I intend to write to Blackpool FC , the Lancashire Constab and the Football League about it - I have spoken to several Blackpool fans who told me they are like that at every home game - disgusting

After attending the Blackpool on Saturday I am disgusted at the behaviour of so called stewards at the game who were throwing Leicester fans out of the ground for what seemed every 5mins for doing absolutely nothing - those tossers will cause a riot before not too long - one of the stewards I would have gladly swung for - smug bastard - I'm so incensed that I intend to write to Blackpool FC , the Lancashire Constab and the Football League about it - I have spoken to several Blackpool fans who told me they are like that at every home game - disgusting

Before you get too irate, were the fans actually doing nothing, or was it like the Leicester fan who got passed of for being thrown out for doing nothing but was in fact lobbing roles of sandwich bags at people?

Before you get too irate, were the fans actually doing nothing, or was it like the Leicester fan who got passed of for being thrown out for doing nothing but was in fact lobbing roles of sandwich bags at people?

I heard they were thrown out for jumping on the stand....?

Do you mean jumping up and down in their place, or jumping on a physical part of the stand that they shouldn't have been on?

Jumping up and down in their place, heard this from a Blackpool fan, according to him quite a few have been chucked out for this.

They've got enough money it's just that their chairmen refuses to invest any cash into the club - they have that much dosh in the bank they've just had to pay the inland revenue £4m tax - the clubs a laughing stock

So people who were supposed to be sitting in seats were actually jumping up and down, against the rules. And you think they were thrown out for "doing nothing".

I bet they were warned about it and were only thrown out after ignoring the warning. That's what usually happens.
so it's ok to stand up when you're supposed to sit down so old farts like me with a bad back can see the game as long as you don't jump up and down

It was bog-standard away fan behaviour. The ''official'' reason given was jumping up and down on the stand. Very over zealous to the point that it could have caused a riot. Then at half-time the positioning and numbers of the stewarding caused a bottleneck to the toilets/food outlet. If there was an emergency at that point in time, fans would have struggled to escape. There were a few Police in attendance, some of which were from the Leics Constab and they appeared to be disagree with the actions of the club. A lot of those pulled out were the Knockaert gang who to look at you'd hardly think troublemakers.

The actual job of stewarding was pathetic; we were told unreserved seating and they just filled the fans in block by block. This led to people being warned with rejection with nowhere to stand or seat. Noticed today on the highlights that the other half of the stand was empty, could have just stuck a couple of hundred Leicester in there.

Having now visited once, I personally won't visit Blackpool FC again until they sort their shit out. Their continued recultance to provide a decent away end and even sort out the pitch is not worth of my money. I can't understand their recultance to it aswell. It's probably one of the most well attended away end's in the country which is making a constant stream of money for them. Stick a newly built stand in there and they could charge more than they currently do, also reducing on police bill's etc

So people who were supposed to be sitting in seats were actually jumping up and down, against the rules. And you think they were thrown out for "doing nothing".

I bet they were warned about it and were only thrown out after ignoring the warning. That's what usually happens.

Lanxfox was the person who actually started this thread, my account was logged in on the tablet not his.

I do think it was a tad harsh though, at least half th the stand were jumping around.

They can't risk people jumping (or breathing heavily) just in case that poor excuse of a stand actually crumbles.

one of the stewards I would have gladly swung for

An interesting phrase that. Mistakenly used in common parlance to mean that you'd swing a punch at somebody, but the origin of it is that you'd actually murder them and would gladly take the consequences. That is, you'd gladly swing from the end of a hangman's rope.

Hopefully none of the Lanxfox's are planning on killing any Blackpool stewards, it's really not worth it lads.

An interesting phrase that. Mistakenly used in common parlance to mean that you'd swing a punch at somebody, but the origin of it is that you'd actually murder them and would gladly take the consequences. That is, you'd gladly swing from the end of a hangman's rope.

Hopefully none of the Lanxfox's are planning on killing any Blackpool stewards, it's really not worth it lads.
Together with the other common misuse of 'not enough room to swing a cat' which meant the cat-o-nine-tails whip, as opposed to a Sunderland fan.

See this is why I stick around. You just don't learn this stuff on foxestalk. :038:

Last edited:
Is it?

Who said that?

Fans that go to away games apparently - we've discussed this old chestnut before - in my opinion if you buy a ticket with a seat you should sit down because the people behind can't see so they have to stand up and so on - the point I was trying to make about the Blackpool game was that the stewards were picking on our fans in a random manner - nearly all Leicester fans were standing up so why didn't they eject them all - oh no just the young or older fans that looked vulnerable - there is a very easy solution to the problem - the referee doesn't let the game start until all fans are sat down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566