Bon Jovi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

Re: It's MIKE NEWELL

The Stearmanator said:
I must admit, I agree with all of that TornadoShaunUK. All except your love of Bon Jovi :018:

Hey Bon Jovi are a good band! :biggrin:

The Stearmanator said:
I must admit, I agree with all of that TornadoShaunUK. All except your love of Bon Jovi :018:

Bon Jovi ****ing rocks mate.. sort out your taste in music I say :)

TornadoShaunUK said:
Bon Jovi ****ing rocks mate.. sort out your taste in music I say :)

Normally I would say each to his own...but Bon Jovi?:confused: I don't get it, men that wear leather trousers? I think of Bon Jovi and I think of 'Living On a Prayer', which then makes me think of cheesy DJ's which then makes me cringe

The Stearmanator said:
Normally I would say each to his own...but Bon Jovi?:confused: I don't get it, men that wear leather trousers? I think of Bon Jovi and I think of 'Living On a Prayer', which then makes me think of cheesy DJ's which then makes me cringe

In what way does 'Livin On A Prayer' an 80s rock song relate to DJs..? =/ DJs to me says dance music... now thats crap. If you want to hear some classic Bon Jovi get your hands on the New Jersey and Keep The Faith albums. I might also add that they are fakin quality live ;)

The Stearmanator said:

Thats a lot of thinking! :icon_razz

I just like there music dont really care what type of trousers they wear!

Living on a pray is a quality track if you are drunk enough to jump up and down with your mates and knock everyone else over!

TornadoShaunUK said:
In what way does 'Livin On A Prayer' an 80s rock song relate to DJs..? =/ DJs to me says dance music... now thats crap. If you want to hear some classic Bon Jovi get your hands on the New Jersey and Keep The Faith albums. I might also add that they are fakin quality live ;)

Like cheesy DJ's at weddings or school discos, at the end when they throw out the party classics. Lets agree to disagree....as long as you can tell me you dont wear leather trousers? please god no:biggrin:

TornadoShaunUK said:

I thought Bounce was a good album as well, a bit different from their older stuff buts still good!

The Stearmanator said:
Like cheesy DJ's at weddings or school discos, at the end when they throw out the party classics. Lets agree to disagree....as long as you can tell me you dont wear leather trousers? please god no:biggrin:

I dont wear any trousers when im posting on tb :icon_razz

The Stearmanator said:

no.. but, if I got my band up and going I would wear them in a live show. I do have fairly big hair though. Still, in my eyes, it's not about the image it's about the music (not that I personally think their image is bad, it's changed over the years for a start.. they were damn cool in the early 90s with their image I reckon).

TornadoShaunUK said:
no.. but, if I got my band up and going I would wear them in a live show. I do have fairly big hair though. Still, in my eyes, it's not about the image it's about the music (not that I personally think their image is bad, it's changed over the years for a start.. they were damn cool in the early 90s with their image I reckon).

I'll take your word for it, they're a bit before my time, i'm sure they were good in their day though ;)

The Stearmanator said:
I'll take your word for it, they're a bit before my time, i'm sure they were good in their day though ;)

They are a bit before my time to.. I'm only 22. I wasn't even born when their first album was out and I was under 10 when they released two of my favourite albums.

TornadoShaunUK said:
They are a bit before my time to.. I'm only 22. I wasn't even born when their first album was out and I was under 10 when they released two of my favourite albums.

But i bet your parents were into them or that genre, the only experience i have of hearing them is like i said, being played at weddings etc. My parents are into the cure, the smiths, joy division etc, hence my favourite bands are the strokes, oasis, kings of leon, the cribs etc, however strange it seems, parents can often be one of the biggest influences on musical taste.

The Stearmanator said:
But i bet your parents were into them or that genre, the only experience i have of hearing them is like i said, being played at weddings etc. My parents are into the cure, the smiths, joy division etc, hence my favourite bands are the strokes, oasis, kings of leon, the cribs etc, however strange it seems, parents can often be one of the biggest influences on musical taste.

My mum likes a vast range of music, particularly Robbie Williams, shes not particularly big on the 80s rock scene. My dad just doesnt listen to a great deal of music, hes a motorbike man. My sister likes a range of rock music, and my little brother, well he'll listen to Bon Jovi occassionally but hes more concerned about his videogames and suchlike. I am the musical boffin around the house.. the first Bon Jovi song I heard was Livin On A Prayer on the radio, you also hear the big songs like Always and Someday I'll Be Saturday Night every so often. I decided I'd go out and buy the best of album 'Crossroads' then I loved that and went out and bought the rest of the albums one by one. Then I got into similar bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen etc etc. Parents had no baring on my musical tastes what so ever ;)

TornadoShaunUK said:
My mum likes a vast range of music, particularly Robbie Williams, shes not particularly big on the 80s rock scene. My dad just doesnt listen to a great deal of music, hes a motorbike man. My sister likes a range of rock music, and my little brother, well he'll listen to Bon Jovi occassionally but hes more concerned about his videogames and suchlike. I am the musical boffin around the house.. the first Bon Jovi song I heard was Livin On A Prayer on the radio, you also hear the big songs like Always and Someday I'll Be Saturday Night every so often. I decided I'd go out and buy the best of album 'Crossroads' then I loved that and went out and bought the rest of the albums one by one. Then I got into similar bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen etc etc. Parents had no baring on my musical tastes what so ever ;)

How did i know you would be the exeption to my amazing theory! :icon_roll

webmaster said:
Really?

Don't think anyone I knew in the early 90s thought they were cool.

I didn't, I was only about 8, but nowadays I look back and I think their image from that era was proper cool. The rugged rock and roll look. Men with long hair, rugged shaved and peirced ears and wearing pendants/tattoos. That's the proper rock and roll image in my book...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669