Boon resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inevitable.

What about Nico for coach/player coach?

I think he has qualities that could make him a decent coach.

Fitness fanatic.

Immense enthusiasm for the game.

Innovative.

Motivational.

I could imagine Nico getting the team excellently drilled in the field, something that has been lacking in the last few seasons.

Hope the momentum of the end of the champs season isn't lost and we lose hoggy. Or buck, Taylor or Greg smith (averaging 100!)

Well it was more or less inevitable. His move is hardly a career development in the upwards sense -but he may be best suited to his new job.

To be fair the team are ending the season playing some good cricket and had they not been unlucky on the overseas players then it could have been a half-decent season.

I think that the time is ripe to bring in an outsider. We've already got a group of coaches all with a common Leicestershire background. I think that Nixon is worth another year's playing contract.

Whilst I have no particular view on the merits of the chairman, I do think that the turmoil under his chairmanship has been too much for him to remain - and its best now that he also steps down.

I was at northants for a bit this afternoon and overheard him saying how gutted he was to be leaving.

Well he shouldn't have got himself so publicly embroiled in the Davidson v Smith conflict.

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the situation it wasn't for the employees to resolve it by trying to force out Davidson. This is one for the board/ members.

As for Boon's overall performance it seems to me to be good in parts. He has to be given some of the credit for the progress of some of the young players , although how much of this is directly down to him its difficult to assess. I tend to hold a slightly cynical view that the coaching staff set back the development of some young players - but I'm sure many would say I was being unfair. Overall, I'm afraid that we've done rather poorly whilst Boon has been head coach and I think it was time for a change anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669