Post Match Braga 3 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the first hour, but wow what an ending!

Great to rescue the point like that to secure qualification. Fantastic play and composure for Vardy, Maddison and Albrighton on that final goal.

As I’ve said before we do need to finish top to avoid the risk of a stinker against a CL lucky loser.

As for the performance, let’s not over analyse it. Mix of people being rested etc, they aren’t terrible, we played OK overall, better second half, clearly need another striker. Sometimes let’s just have a game of football and enjoy the result. Doesn’t have to always be us being awful or us being amazing.

Sorted & through. I backed AEK in an acca but i'll take that on the chin happily all things considered.

Now as long as Atletico don't collapse & finish third in their CL group we can win this ****er.

Job done.

We didn't play well again but there was some fight at least. Tielemans made a big difference when he came on. Schmeichel saved us a few times. I can't really say anyone else did a lot to improve their standing in the squad though. Ugly displays from Praet, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Fuchs, Barnes and Justin.

I'd totally write off next weeks game and only send those recovering from injury and the back up players. We need to now extract the benefit of going strong early in the group. We've got 7 PL matches in 29 days now so those two EL matches as well need to be an after thought.
I agree with all of this other than the bit about Barnes who was our best player along with Under in the first half.

I'm totally with you on the squad for next week. Keep it as far away from the first eleven as possible.

It's probably understandable given our injuries and the depth of our squad, but it seems to me we are playing to conserve energy.

We have virtually given up pressing outside of our defensive third, we don't seem to keen to attack with any pace, we aren't contesting 50/50s, and we don't even track back with any urgency most of the time.

Today we were able to to turn it up and get the equalisers when we needed them, quite easily when we tried actually. But we will need to step it up in the Premier League and knockout stages.

That was different gravy.

We're going to win this ****ing thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472