Brake Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

For some reason the right brake light on my car keeps blowing. Had to change it three times in the last month.

Can anyone shed some light on why this keeps happening?

All help greatly appreciated

For some reason the right brake light on my car keeps blowing. Had to change it three times in the last month.

Dodgy fuse. I had a similar problem in my old fiesta, one of the indicator bulbs kept blowing, changed the fuse and it fixed it. No idea why.

Or dodgy wiring connection which is a larger job than just swapping the fuse!

Yeah i can probably shed a little light for you but dunno how useful it will be for you.

I had the same problem on my leon. Sounds like you've got a faulty connection and it is blowing the light because it is too powerful. I got my old man to change the connection at his garage and i haven't had a problem for over 6 months now.

As far as i am aware its not an expensive job. It will be cheaper than paying for all the new lights over time. I had a mate who sold car componants so i left mine for ages as he used to just give me the bulbs but i thought i was getting a bit cheeky so decided to get it done in the end.

I wondered why I was getting papped quite a lot recently, realised that I had no working brake lights!

Or dodgy wiring connection which is a larger job than just swapping the fuse!

This is what I thought it was...

Dodgy fuse. I had a similar problem in my old fiesta, one of the indicator bulbs kept blowing, changed the fuse and it fixed it. No idea why.

...but I am hoping this is what it actually is! :icon_lol:

Thanks for people's help.

Not knowing about cars I just wanted to check what the possible problems where before I try fixing it/taking it to a garage.

the lights in my house keep blowing all the time...i'm assuming it isn't the fuses as house lights just have those trip fuse things...

the lights in my house keep blowing all the time...i'm assuming it isn't the fuses as house lights just have those trip fuse things...

More likely dodgy wiring but it could equally be the fuse. Also note wther it happens at a certain time ie whenever you turn the microwave on etc.

A really simple one is - are you making sure you dont touch the bulb with your bare fingers?

I had a problem with this after buying my house.

Until we had a new board put in to take the shower fuse. This is on a seperate box in our house and connects back into the main circuit board.

It appears the old shower "fuse" box wasn't rated highly enough and therefore it was overloading the system as a whole and this was manifesting itself in blowing the light bulbs.

The electrician also said it may be buying cheap supermarket light bulbs as they are and i quote "crap".

I had a problem with this after buying my house.

Until we had a new board put in to take the shower fuse. This is on a seperate box in our house and connects back into the main circuit board.

It appears the old shower "fuse" box wasn't rated highly enough and therefore it was overloading the system as a whole and this was manifesting itself in blowing the light bulbs.

The electrician also said it may be buying cheap supermarket light bulbs as they are and i quote "crap".

Sounds more like he was just making up stuff because he didn't know what to tell you. :icon_lol:
That doesn't make any sense.

I thought this thread was about eating a red hot curry, and the events of the next day

note wther it happens at a certain time ie whenever you turn the microwave on etc.

normally when i switch them on...POP

IThe electrician also said it may be buying cheap supermarket light bulbs as they are and i quote "crap".

i do buy Tesco ones, i dont think that helps...but i think it's the wiring

sod it..rented accomodation :)

Just get batteries for your butt-plug or turn the lights off to stop the frequent power surge then

Just get batteries for your butt-plug or turn the lights off to stop the frequent power surge then

Is this a problem you are familiar with. :icon_razz :102:

Last edited:
Sounds more like he was just making up stuff because he didn't know what to tell you. :icon_lol:
That doesn't make any sense.

Modern Power Showers require a higher voltage than what was previous for a shower, most times the old circuit boxes don't have the capabilities of providing the extra power and blow the fuses. It's a fairly common problem. All wire widths and stuff.

Modern Power Showers require a higher voltage than what was previous for a shower, most times the old circuit boxes don't have the capabilities of providing the extra power and blow the fuses. It's a fairly common problem. All wire widths and stuff.

No they don't, the operate at the same voltage as everything else in your house.
You're confusing it with amperage and wattage.

Which is worrying considering his job :icon_eek::icon_lol:

Electrical and Heating is not my ball park.
To coin the most used line at work 'that's not my area, try services engineers upstairs'. Interestingly the degree I am about to go on, I don't think there's a module to choose that subject. Leroy would know

I had an introduction last year to it all - seriously wank at it. The heating chap at work spent 30 mins this week explained to me a situation at a flat about tanks etc.

I can tell you stuff about waterproofing basements etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566