Breaking News: Bank Rate down again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that business needs fin-ishing off too.
It's doing fairly well at the minute. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the trade is benefiting from the current financial climate.

It's doing fairly well at the minute. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the trade is benefiting from the current financial climate.
Money being sunk into it causing bouyancy? I would have thought people would be scaling back on their leisure spending.:102:

Money being sunk into it causing bouyancy? I would have thought people would be scaling back on their leisure spending.:102:
They are scaling back. Instead of buying new cars, weekend breaks, expensive electronic items etc, they are spending more on their aquariums as it's a far cheaper outlay and still gives them the satisfaction/buzz of spending on non essential items.

They are scaling back. Instead of buying new cars, weekend breaks, expensive electronic items etc, they are spending more on their aquariums as it's a far cheaper outlay and still gives them the satisfaction/buzz of spending on non essential items.
Well if £15 spent on a snail as some sort of stress reliever is how people would rather spend their disposable income instead of lowering the debit balance they incurred by buying all the other crap, then there is no hope for the economy.
And I may well take the Major's advice and overpay my mortgage as I'm with a building society, not a greedy useless bank, who are doing rather well and look after their membership.

See I just ready that as a series of puns rather than a serious comment.
No wink > No pun.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Well if £15 spent on a snail as some sort of stress reliever is how people would rather spend their disposable income instead of lowering the debit balance they incurred by buying all the other crap, then there is no hope for the economy.
Well if you go using stupid OTT examples then you'll never get your point across.

a) If Aquatic shops could get £15 for a snail purely to relieve people's stress then the trade would be booming.

b) Lots of people have disposable income, lots of people spend it. Instead of spending £50 on a night out, people are spending a little less on buying some new fish for their aquarium. Instead of spending £500 on a new camera, people are spending £200 on an aquarium set up and putting the other £300 to another use.

Don't kid yourself that looking after number one is having a positive knock on effect.

I play by my own set of rules and to hell with the consequences.

I don't eat my 5 fruit and veg a day, I use high energy light bulbs and I pee standing up.

That's just the kinda guy I am.

I play by my own set of rules and to hell with the consequences.

I don't eat my 5 fruit and veg a day, I use high energy light bulbs and I pee standing up.

That's just the kinda guy I am.
Now that I can understand, and I don't have a problem with that as it's usually the way I live my life too.

Just don't try and convince me you are doing it for the good of the world or offer it as advice.

Now that I can understand, and I don't have a problem with that as it's usually the way I live my life too.

Just don't try and convince me you are doing it for the good of the world or offer it as advice.

I never pretended I was doing it for the country or that anyone should do it for the country either. I assumed you were being tongue in cheek and my reply was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46