Post Match Brentford 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They bossed midfield and were probably the better team over the match, but I can't remember them having many good chances. Great win.

Decent result but got away with one there.

Ivan Toney, load of old pony
Thomas Frank, load of old wank

Seriously got away with that.

Great 3 points though

Big three points away from home takes us back into European contention.. Brentford played the better stuff by far but ran out of steam towards the end. Lots of head tennis going on in our box today...

Play rubbish. Win.

Could be worse.

Decent result but got away with one there.
Did we though? We weren't great at all but Kasper had very little to do. I think they edged it in terms of the game as a whole but we had our own chances and were the better team in the second half. Let's be honest, it was a shite game.

Fabulous week. Three wins, ten goals, several of which were outstanding.

Credit to the team for digging in today against a side that were clearly much fresher. Evans marshalled the defence superbly.

I still think Brentford are shit. Loads of huffing and puffing and very little actual quality.

Great stuff! it's that sort of win we need to grind out until we have a full squad of Ndidi, Fofana and Justin available. Just like last year - as other clubs begin to accumulate injuries over christmas we will be back to nearer full strength and hopefully kick on. There won't be too many games in the legs of Barnes and Lookman either.
Enjoyed that just as much as any game where we are bossing it. Brentford are a good side and gave Chelsea a hell of a game last time - putting way more pressure on them than we had to endure in the second half.
Thought Tielemans, Soumare, Evans and Amartey were our best.
Castagne, Ricardo, Soyuncu strangely subdued and off the pace - perhaps the ong russian journey didn't do us any favours.

They’re a very well organised, fit, compact team

Can’t score for shit, though

Having J. Evans in the team really seems to make so much difference. Just by being there seems to bring something better from the other defenders.

Fabulous week. Three wins, ten goals, several of which were outstanding.

Credit to the team for digging in today against a side that were clearly much fresher. Evans marshalled the defence superbly.

I still think Brentford are shit. Loads of huffing and puffing and very little actual quality.
Evans was hopeless in the first half and for the first 10 minutes of the second. He was much better after that and I agree that he did well in keeping the discipline of the backline. I would argue that Amartey was our best defender today even though that feels like an impossibility. He made some good passes out of defence and a couple of very good interceptions.

There were very few standout performances. Maddison was just about the best of them out there followed by Tielemans. Iheanacho was dreadful in the first half and for the first part of the second but improved a little towards the end. The same can be said of Soumare as well.

A word for Perez who was excellent when he came on and made a real nuisance of himself. He broke up play well and looked to get the ball forward as soon as he could.

Great stuff! it's that sort of win we need to grind out until we have a full squad of Ndidi, Fofana and Justin available. Just like last year - as other clubs begin to accumulate injuries over christmas we will be back to nearer full strength and hopefully kick on. There won't be too many games in the legs of Barnes and Lookman either.
Enjoyed that just as much as any game where we are bossing it. Brentford are a good side and gave Chelsea a hell of a game last time - putting way more pressure on them than we had to endure in the second half.
Thought Tielemans, Soumare, Evans and Amartey were our best.
Castagne, Ricardo, Soyuncu strangely subdued and off the pace - perhaps the ong russian journey didn't do us any favours.
Soyuncu was on a hiding to a second yellow

The commentary I had on, Gabbidon and Oatley I think it was, gave us grudging credit on the rare occasions we did anything good yet made Brentford sound like they were playing us off the park. Both teams were crap, it was a poor game.

Daka looked lively enough and Perez held things up quite well I thought.
It's been quite a decent few days overall so can't massively complain, onwards and upwards.

Did we though? We weren't great at all but Kasper had very little to do. I think they edged it in terms of the game as a whole but we had our own chances and were the better team in the second half. Let's be honest, it was a shite game.
Agree completely. I think both styles cancelled each others threats out and we made the most of our chances

Vardy picked up a knock in the warm up but wanted to play. He was clearly restricted though so he was taken off.

I did see a stat that said Vardy had the least game involvement of any PL player over 45 mins since 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566