Match Thread Brentford v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definite yellow. No doubt about it at all. Did you not see it properly?
I'm not sure the ref saw it. He seemed to be taking the advice of the assistant.

'If the Foxes concede one more, they will drop into the bottom three below West Ham on goal difference.'

Is Maddison up front or is it Daka? Neither are applying any pressure

I think it's quite obvious that Maddison is unfit to play. When asked, Rodgers has simply said that Maddison is 'declaring himself fit'.

He just isn't moving freely and so is half the player. It's a sad reflection that he's still the first name on the team sheet despite this.

I think it's quite obvious that Maddison is unfit to play. When asked, Rodgers has simply said that Maddison is 'declaring himself fit'.

He just isn't moving freely and so is half the player. It's a sad reflection that he's still the first name on the team sheet despite this.
He is also not captain material.

Three hopeless twonks up front, and Maddison doesnt even look half fit

We know how this ends

Looking forward to the second half… where we’re always better and regularly go on to get an equalizer and a then a winner.

HT

Nothing much between the two sides apart from confidence and clarity of organisation.

I can't criticise anyone but nobody has stepped up either.

A word on Tete. From the videos of him before joining, he appears to be at his best when running with the ball. However, we know that Rodgers doesn't really like anyone doing that apart from Barnes. He screams at players to pass rather than retain possession themselves. I wonder what's the point of that sort of wide player if we don't utilise his main strength?

As an aside, it is also Soumare's best quality but we never see him do it because he's not allowed to.

Jammy deflected goal, but dear me, our defending for that whole move was awful

Daka and Tete utterly ****ing pointless and hopeless
Maddison way off the pace
Not a single shot on target. Again

Appalling from start to finish. Castagne and Souttar doing their best to keep us in it but the rest of them are truly dreadful, no one more so than Daka who is a complete waste of space.

HT

Nothing much between the two sides apart from confidence and clarity of organisation.

I can't criticise anyone but nobody has stepped up either.

A word on Tete. From the videos of him before joining, he appears to be at his best when running with the ball. However, we know that Rodgers doesn't really like anyone doing that apart from Barnes. He screams at players to pass rather than retain possession. I wonder what's the point of that sort of wide player if we don't utilise his main strength?

As an aside, it is also Soumare's best quality but we never see him do it because he's not allowed to.
BN, you fool!

You don’t play to a player’s strengths. They adapt to the will of the manager.

C’mon now.

I don't think we have been as bad as is being made out on here.

They have looked more creative but we are still well in this.

Ricardo needs to keep in his RB position better as he is far too often drifting inside and leaving far too much space.

Can't blame KDH for the goal but I feel we would look so much better with Tielemans playing instead if he was available.

Barnes needs to learn a trick to try and beat a player.

Iversen was unlucky for the goal after the replays, can't blame him for that and the same would be said if it was Ward in goal.

Wilf has looked good and much more like his old self.

We just really need to make sure we don't concede an early second half goal as that has become a recent bad habit - avoid that and we are still well in this for the last 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566