Brian Kerr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester could do a lot worse than appoint brian Kerr.
For those of you who dont know of him he has an excellent pedigree and track record of sucess..
He has won leagues and cups at all levels of competition in Ireland.
Even before being appointed manager of the Irish youths team.
He then went on to win the European youths Championship for Ireland.

He was appointed manager of the Irish Senior Team after Mick mcCarthy when it was accepted that the team had become too old and needed young players to be blooded.
It is generally agreed in Ireland that he done a good job. Only missing qualification to the World Cup finals in the very last game where he had to field an under strenght team due to injuries.
I think he missed out on qualification without losing a game.

He has hugh experience working with young players. having introduced the likes of Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Kevin Doyle, among others to competitive football.

He resigned from Ireland team when of course politics got in the way.

My point is that joking aside. He could well be a very good appointment as Manager.
As time has shown he would have been a much better appointment than Ian Hollaway.

As time has shown he would have been a much better appointment than Ian Hollaway.

I agree with a lot of your points about the very good job Brian Kerr did for the Irish FA at all levels of the game but there is nothing to prove that he would have done a better job than Farmer Giles... Unless we're going on the basis that nobody could have done a worse job and therefore anyone would have been better.

Too much of a risk IMO, never managed at club level in England, don't believe we are in a position to take such a gamble.

If we were then why not go down the Paul Ince / Roy Keane route and appoint a former top player in their first Managerial appointment :102:

Teddy Sheringham, Alan Shearer or Sir Les all spring to mind

He has won leagues and cups at all levels of competition in Ireland.
Even before being appointed manager of the Irish youths team.
He then went on to win the European youths Championship for Ireland.

Jesus wept, have you ever watched any League of Ireland soccer?

It is generally agreed in Ireland that he done a good job.

Only if you're a St. Pat's fan. It's generally agreed that he got the job because of his success with the youth sides and because he was the cheapest option. He was very niave and mostly anonymous when he was in the job.
Personally, I think he'd be a f*cking disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669